Restaurant Victoria’s

Grand Jersey Hotel and Spa, Saint Helier, Jersey
Restaurant Victoria’s - Grilled cod on a bed of vegetables
Restaurant Victoria’s - The most wonderful starter; asparagus with a pouched egg and truffles
Restaurant Victoria’s - My wine
Restaurant Victoria’s - My water

Restaurant Victoria’s Saint Helier Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great food - a bit pricy but super service Jun 14, 2011
The Victoria’s is the house restaurant of The Grand Jersey Hotel and Spa. Well inside you are met with an armada of waiters trying to do their best for you as a customer; it is almost too much. Before you almost sit down by your assigned table you have 3 or 4 persons asking or serving you with menu, water and so on.

The Hotel hosts loads of hotel trainees and they are all trying to make a good impression, which is not bad but it is very different from the attention I otherwise had in the different restaurants on my British Isles trip.

The table was naturally perfect and I took on where I could look out the windows and enjoy the St. Helier coastline. The menu was nice and the wine list as well. I decided to go white and choose a starter with fresh asparagus with a poached egg; it was a combination that I never had tried before and I totally loved it. The scent of the dish when it arrived was awesome, there were truffles oil strayed on the asparagus and a lovely sauce; it was a great starter.

I had chosen a Sancerre, which is a wine I almost never go wrong with; it was not too expensive around 30 pounds a bottle. As a main course I had chosen cod on a bottom of vegetables which also turned out be good but not as wonderful as the starter. I decided to go for the cheese with crackers and jam just to end the diner properly.

The food was pricy but the food was also good and the service was in the high end of what I formerly had in hotel restaurants.
The most wonderful starter; aspara…
Grilled cod on a bed of vegetables
My wine
My water
bernard69 says:
Interesting review:taste it again!
Posted on: Jul 01, 2011
Glynnes says:
Thanks for sharing your review;-}
Posted on: Jun 21, 2011
Chokk says:
Thank you, Harriet - I can still taste that starter ;D
Posted on: Jun 21, 2011

Compare Saint Helier Hotel Rates (0.5km away)

Restaurant Victoria’s Map