Restaurant Vicianum

05468 93 96 63

Restaurant Vicianum Lappenstuhl Reviews

Chokk Chokk
I finally found my asparagus Apr 28, 2010
My main objective was to find a place where I could get a portion of fresh asparagus; this region of Germany was known for that. I had passed many small villages on the way with small gasthaus’s but most of them had been closed. I then entered the small viallge of Lappenstuhl located close to Osnabruck and here I saw a huge restaurant that was open. I made a quick and almost hazardous turn and parked in front of the entrance. I entered the restaurant and asked if they had asparagus and I had luck.

I ordered a cold beer and they gave me a cold tasty Radeberger, which I had tasted before in Hannover; it was truly a nice pilsner. Once again I was the only one in the place and it was strange but also early in the season; and this area was not your average tourist hotspot. The waiter, chef and maybe even owner was a calm guy that had all time in the world; and especially since I was alone. He came with the food and I was hungry; and especially on the asparagus. It was not the best dish that I had but they were doable.
My asparagus
missandrea81 says:
:( Better luck next time.
Posted on: Jul 22, 2013
Chokk says:
That was also what I had hoped - and end of April usually is a good time of season, but I guess I was out of luck.
Posted on: Jul 21, 2013
missandrea81 says:
I'm sorry. :( It seems that at the right time of year, you'd be able to find decent white spargel anywhere in Germany.
Posted on: Jul 21, 2013