Restaurant Tchaikovsky

Restaurant Tchaikovsky - Decorated table

Restaurant Tchaikovsky Tallinn Reviews

Chokk Chokk
One of the finest in Tallinn Sep 20, 2012
I had chosen the restaurant as it was rated as one of the best places to eat in Tallinn and it still had a quite fair price. The Restaurant Tchaikovsky is located in the old town of Tallinn and it is a Russian restaurant and it is said to present a symphony of Russian cuisine.

The restaurant was in 2011 ranked as Estonia’s 2nd best restaurant in the fine dining category in its annual 50 best Restaurants in Estonia Award, so the expectations were quite high. The interior was really nice and we were led into a part of the restaurant that they jokingly called the Swan Lake due to the napkins that were folded like swans on each and every table.

The waiter was great and we were even more surprised when the waitress addressed us in perfect Danish as she had been studying in Denmark for some years. I started my meal with a Black Truffle - topinambur soup with chicory accompanied with wild mushrooms and savoy cabbage. The soup was fabulous and I truly enjoyed the start that I had been served.

We had chosen a 2007 Pinot Noir, Erath, from Oregon that was a great wine to accompany both the starter and my main dish that was roasted venison fillet with parsnip puree, marinated rowan berries and beetroot sauce. The food was absolutely great and I guess that it was due to Tchaikovsky’s Chef de Cuisine Vladislav Djatšuk, who is a world's top gastronomy contest Bocuse d'Or Europe finalist from 2009.
Decorated table
Decorated table
Inside the restaurant
The Swan Lake
Chokk says:
Well it was ;) haha
vances says:
Nice to hear a wine from Oregon branded as "great"!
Chokk says: