Restaurant Saint Catharine

+32 (0)2 219 45 67

Restaurant Saint Catharine Brussels Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Close but no cigar! May 06, 2012
I was back in Brussels one of the cities that feel most at home in, mainly due to my four years living there. I was staying at Hotel Metropole near to where I worked when I was here and I walked the streets in order to find a place that I had not visited before.

Near Place Catharine I decided to enter a small place named Restaurant Saint Catharine. I had walked by many times but decided to enter. It looked pretty full and I was lucky to have a small table in the far end of the restaurant.

The table was quite small and the place was quite tight between the other guests. I ordered a beer while I was looking at the menu that had some nice Belgian offers. I decided to have some garlic shrimps as a starter and followed by a Filet Pure as the meat in general is really good in Belgium. I ordered a bottle of white wine to join me.

I was served a salmon sandwich appetizer before my meal that was quite okay. The wine was nice and cold, which suited the garlic shrimps quite well. The shrimps were quite large and I was quite pleased with the dish.

There was a TV in the restaurant that kept us all updated on the French president election. There was a good ambiance and good discussions and I enjoyed being a blind passenger in those.

My main dish was really good. They did absolutely not disappoint me; the meat was cutting soft ice with a hot knife. I felt so pleased that with my food that I also gained appetite for a dame blanche; ice cream with hot chocolate sauce.

Unfortunately I found a long hair in my ice cream straight after I had it served so I called the waiter back. He apologized much and came back with a huge version of my former order accompanied with a calvados free of charge.

If I had avoided the hair I would have felt much better but taking the blame and handling the situation as they did was quite positive. The food was good and I was quite positive about the ambiance.
A part of the menu