Restaurant Review: Huang Giang

4300 Buford Highway, Atlanta, GA, USA

Restaurant Review: Huang Giang Atlanta Reviews

jeanhee717 jeanhee7…
Aug 05, 2007
4300 Buford Highway (near intersection of Dresden Rd. and Buford Hwy.)

When Lillie suggested trying out the new Vietnamese restaurant on the way home from Savannah, I have to admit I was a little less than thrilled. I pictured cracked tile floors with last year’s dirt still ingrained in the cracks and cheap restaurant chairs and tables. After enjoying a weekend in the glamour of Savannah, I wasn’t ready for that. But Huong Giang turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

The inside looks like a truly fancy restaurant with wide mahogany tables and futuristic wooden chairs. It looks like Ikea’s take on Victorian Goth with the black chandeliers and heavily tinted windows. The most modern addition would be the two flat panel screens on the walls that played (very surprisingly) Fox Soccer Channel. Surely, the food in a place decorated like this couldn’t be that great. (My reasoning being that a restaurant that concentrates this much on décor couldn’t possibly pay that much attention to its food.)

I was wrong. After much deliberation, I ordered C4: dry vermicelli noodles with pork. It also came with a large smattering of sprouts, lettuce, carrots, and chives. You take the sauce provided in a separate bowl and spread it generously through the noodles. It can be a little spicy for those not used to regularly eating spices. Then you just mix the vegetables and the noodles as best you can. It was absolutely delicious, and it filled me up. It was the best $6.95 I’ve spent in a while.
dry vermicelli noodles with pork

Check Atlanta Hotel Deals