Restaurant Pulau Labuan

087-416699

Restaurant Pulau Labuan Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Good food in a nice restaurant Jun 07, 2011
Our first dinner in Labuan was at a chinese restaurant called Pulau Labuan. It's part of the Pulau Labuan Inn, a hotel located just on the outside of the city center.

The restaurant is pretty big and nicely decorated, but not that colourful. Mainly white looking because of the long curtains on the windows and the ceiling.

The waiting staff were plenty on hand and seemed eager to be doing something. Our waiter presented us the menu and before we could even open the book to have a look at it, he was already holding his pen and paper ready to take our order.

I told him kindly we didn't know yet and he left, giving us time to look at the menu. I don't like pushy waiters like that. The rest of the staff were "busy" with talking to each other or sing along with the karaoke that was on the screen in the center of the restaurant.

Before we ordered some food, we got a small plate with pickles. The food we ordered were local vegetables stir fried, white rice, (again) sweet & sour pork, roasted peanuts and chinese tea. For dessert, Karena had a coconut pudding. The food was delicious.

When we got the bill, I noticed they also charged the warm cleaning towels and the pickles we got, which we didn't order. The price for both were very low, but I had never seen it on a bill that we had to pay for the uasge of towels...

All in all, it was a nice dinner, because of the food. Would I go back a second time? Most likely I would look for another place to eat first. Maybe we were there at the wrong time, but for the food this place is good.
The bill
Airportman says:
Well, that could be the case. Not wanting to be outdone by competition.
TravChef says:
I have no idea Ivar :) You wear right! But maybe he thinks he will lost the customer to the restaurant next door for the price of same dish if he added it up into dish cost. :) Well, this is a good part of traveling, we see something we don't expected to see and it is amazing!!!
Airportman says:
The charge is okay, but why put it on the bill? Just add a few extra cents to every drink and dish and no need to put the towel seperate on the bill

Related Travel Blogs About Restaurant Pulau Labuan

Day 10: Rainy afternoon in Labuan
As soon as we had reached the open sea, the clouds came in and the wind picked up. It got cold pretty quickly. I gave Karena my sleep shirt to cover herself up and my socks for her bare feet to keep …restaurant called Pulau Labuan. The dinner at the restaurant was good, the waiting staff was pretty happy as they…

Check Labuan Hotel Deals