Restaurant Madrid

+32(0)15 290395

Restaurant Madrid Mechelen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Restaurant Madrid Sep 10, 2009
This restaurant is not very visual; it can be directly difficult to find but it is worth a visit, especially if you come from the city centre. It is situated kind of good but it can be a little difficult to get inspired enough to go in there; they should make their facade a bit more appealing I think. Otherwise it is situated close to the Fish market which is the place to be in the evenings in Mechelen. The restaurant has been situated there since 1967, so I guess they have a lot of locals knowing where it is!

When you enter you find neat and well decorated tables all dressed up like you would do yourself if you had the British Queen for diner for the first time; I guess I would overdo it and that was my first impression! When this is said it is nice and cozy; there is about 30 - 40 seats and 10 of them are situated on an alcove which is hanging over the canal that runs through the city; we had a table there and it was like sitting on a ship, very nice!

The food was great; we got some tapas as appetizers and the main course; which was fish and scampi’s was truly great. We had a great fresh white wine to accompany and it was worth to come back. We were hosted by the Spanish owner José and his service was impeccable. .

Check Mechelen Hotel Deals