Restaurant-Lounge MIJ

17 Kanaalkade, Alkmaar, Netherlands

Restaurant-Lounge MIJ Alkmaar Reviews

LoLaV LoLaV
4 course surprises Oct 13, 2013
It was my first time in a restaurant like this and I didn't actually know what to expect. It was a rainy and cold day, so in the restaurant it was a little cold to. Luckely I sat next to the nice fireplace.

At first we got an amuse made of watermellon juice. It looked nice, but it just came out of a wipcream can. Then we got a big plate with different kinds of pre-dinners. Goatcheese, salmon, tartar and a sort of cookie with sauce. The secong we got was a big piece of ravioli with some spaghetti, which was nice. The maincourse was a bigger issue; they said it was grouse, but in my 'grouse' were all bones and muscles and it's not supposed to be that way. The waiter went to the kitchen and he came back with the announcement that the cook had to cut the CHICKEN all by himself. So it wasn't grouse at all. The potatoe I got with the chicken was good. The dessert was good, but simple. Just vanilla ice, some yoghurt with strawberries and a small creme brulee.

What surprises me the most was the restroom. It had mousse and spray for in your hair, deodorant and even tampons. For males they had deodorant and hairstuff.

I do reccomend this restaurant if you have money enough.
amuse