Restaurant La Touna

Restaurant La Touna - The sign outside

Restaurant La Touna Pigeon Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice food and crappy chairs Apr 27, 2012
We had asked our landlords where to eat while we were staying in Pigeon and they had recommended that we visited the Restaurant La Touna that was located just next to water and the super market where we shopped almost daily. There were some cars on the parking when we arrived. We were a bit late compared to the local standard because the locals were eating quite early; it was quite normal to see them go out eating around 7 pm.

We were there around 9 pm and when we entered there was a young boy sitting at a desk greeting us. The restaurant looked quite nice, it was like an advanced beach hut. There was good space between the tables and you had the ocean just in front of you almost from all seats in the restaurant.

We were given a table next to the small bar and went trough the menu that looked really nice. Barbara ordered a Filet de Vivanneau, which was a grilled fish, while went for the Fricasse Creole de Lambis, which was conch served in a creole way. We ordered a bottle of white wine and we had it served from a bucket of ice water, which was more than necessary as the temperature still were close to 30 degrees.

The food looked really nice when they served it and I was really pleased with my dish that was both spicy and sweet at the same time. The food was served with a nice salad and even a fried banana.

The restaurant was quite pricy but the food was great. I was not happy with the chairs that they had in the restaurant. The chairs were made of light metal and they were also quite low. I hate eating sitting in a very low and also on chair that I don’t feel safe in so it really irritated me during my whole evening as I could not relax while I was eating.
The sign outside
From outside looking in
My dinner

Compare Bouillante Hotel Rates (1.9km away)

Pigeon Map