Restaurant La Protap

www.laprotap.ro - 40 241 638061

Restaurant La Protap Constanta Reviews

jamesdean252 jamesdea…
Restaurant La Protap - Constanta, Romania Feb 24, 2012
Restaurant La Protap is located inside Hotel Balada NEJ. If you are looking for some Romanian cuisine such as quail, pheasant, rabbit, deer, and wild boar to name a few then I recommend checking this place out. They have an open grill that you can sit around and watch your food get cooked if you are there on the right night. The walls are covered with unique specimens and the dining area reminds me of a medieval time era.

Since I only knew how to speak a few words in the Romanian language, I was glad to have a local tour guide. She did all the ordering for me while I was on my trip over there and made sure I kept trying new dishes. On this night we ordered pheasant with vegetables and wine sauce and the second dish we ordered was the mix grill which had bacon, chicken, pork, and beef served with vegetables. We also ordered a tomato salad, focacia and mici (meat rolls made from meat of beef, lamb and pork mixed. It was great having samples of all the different types of food with all the different flavors. The focacia was the best that I had on my whole trip and the mici were huge since she ordered them after our food already came just so that I could try it.

When we were walking out I found out that the chef was a famous chef from Romania. There were photos and awards that he had won hanging up on the wall. If you are in the area and want a show while you eat or in the mood to try a Romanian cuisine I would stop in and checkout Restaurant La Protap.
Vioweil says:
good reason to return someday:)
Posted on: Feb 25, 2012