Restaurant L'Academie

(514) 849-2249

Restaurant L'Academie Montreal Reviews

Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Pasta on a popular street Oct 09, 2011
My companion and I ate dinner here one night with a friend of a friend and her boyfriend. She's a local and suggested the place. It was raining cats and dogs that night, but we braved it and arrived only semi-soaked lol!

I was impressed with L'Academie's upscale, if dimly-lit, appearance. Just looking at the decor immediately let me know that I'd be spending a healthy amount to eat tonight lol. But I enjoyed the cozy feel of the place too.

One of the cool things about the restaurant is that they allow you to bring your own wine, so the other couple brought both red and white, and the waiter put the white one on ice for us (I believe the white was Zinfandel; I can't remember what the red was).

We also got plenty of bread and butter to eat as we awaited our food. I ordered this sausage and cheese tortellini, which turned out to be pretty damn good. I don't know if I ate too much bread or if the plate of food was just too big, but I had a difficult time eating it all. It seemed like it would never end! lol

The most memorable moment of the night came when a women seated next to us let out this epic belch! And believe me, it was LOUD!!! LMAO! She was so embarrassed, but there was nothing she could do but laugh along with everyone else. I laughed too, but told her how awesome I thought it was. You don't hear a burp like that every day, especially not from a woman as petite as she was. I wish I could've recorded that moment. LOL

I forget how much the food cost me that night, but I want to say it was about $20 CAN; not too bad, considering the portion, I suppose. But the food was excellent.

If you're into pasta and don't mind shelling out a few extra bucks for it in a nice, quiet (except for the burp lol), cozy setting, check this place out.
Sausage and cheese tortellini. The…

Check Montreal Hotel Deals