Restaurant Kaløhus

Restaurant Kaløhus - The entrance

Restaurant Kaløhus Aastrup Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A great place if you want peace, water and good food Jul 15, 2010
I was in Århus which does not happen that often but some years ago I was there quite often. This time I was meeting my friend Christian; yeah Christian is a quite common name in Denmark. I had been driving up from Copenhagen in the morning and was in Århus around lunch. We had made a meet-up in a Restaurant Kaløhus which is situated in a small harbour in Skødstrup just north of Århus.

The restaurant was really cosy, and I truly enjoyed the situation next to the water and all the boats in the small harbour. Inside the restaurant there were loads of tables but all different; it was a mix of modern design and old living room furniture. We took a table near the water and we were alone in the restaurant.

We were greeted by a sweet and smiling waitress carrying the menu of the place. We ordered some water and took a look while listening to her recommendation. We decided to go for the Lune fiskefrikadeller; which is a traditional Danish dish - It is fish meat balls. The waitress said that they were quiet huge so we decided to share a portion. As a main course I choose a grilled lunch steak while my friend chooses the lobster tail salad.

The food was nice and we really enjoyed the place. During our dinner more and more people can in to the restaurant some to eat and some just to have a cold beer.
The lune fiske frikadeller
My lunch steak
The virgin lobster tale salad
Inside the restaurant
Chokk says:
I am glad that you can swim in it.
Posted on: Aug 03, 2010
bernard69 says:
as I'm allergic to water,I was glad to see yr pics of the bar and the wine collection:)
Posted on: Aug 03, 2010

Compare Knebel Hotel Rates (10.2km away)

Restaurant Kaløhus Map