Restaurant Het Ossenhoes

4 Kerkstraat, Eext, Netherlands - 0592 262 467

Restaurant Het Ossenhoes Eext Reviews

pms70 pms70
Nicely situated restaurant with pleasant food at a decent price. Jun 04, 2011
As this restaurant has changed owners and name I will have to go back one of these days to write a new review!

My partner and I visited this restaurant recently. We made reservations which wasn't really necessary, there were a few groups of people there but still plenty of room left. The table they had reserved for us was inside but as the weather was nice we asked whether we could sit outside and this caused no problems. We had a choice of tables and decided on one where we could sit beside each other and watch the passing traffic. Don't get me wrong: even though the restaurant is situated on the main road passing through the village, at night passing traffic consists mainly of cyclists or people walking past. You also have a view of the Church which is quite pleasant.

We were served by several people and all of them were very friendly. My only comment on the service would be that they could have checked our drinks more. The menu has enough to choose from but isn't not overly elaborate.

We had some bread with homemade herb butter and my partner decided on a bowl of tomato soup for starters, which was almost big enough to be a main course! My beef carpaccio was nice although I would have preferred a little more dressing. For the main my partner had the Wiener Schnitzel which was topped with several vegetables such as onion and capsicum (bell pepper) and diced bacon. I had fillet of beef with a red wine sauce. Again, I would have liked more sauce but apart from that it was very pleasant. The mains were accompanied by fried potatoes, a hot veg and salad. We filled up too much to have dessert so ended up having cappuccino instead. I liked the way that enough attention to detail was paid to notice that my partner did not use sugar so he wasn't given any with his second cup.

I would certainly reccomend having a meal here if you are in the area and looking for a nice meal at a decent price or even just for a drink. Vegetarian options are also available.
View of the terrace (Picture court…
Side view with restaurant entrance

Check Eext Hotel Deals