Restaurant Gasthaus zum Adler

Vorstadt 69, Schaffhausen, Switzerland

Restaurant Gasthaus zum Adler Schaffhausen Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Fish options in Schaffhausen Sep 25, 2015
I came to this restaurant twice for dinner. Located along Vorstadt, it was a quick walk from the train station. Do note that this place is slightly hidden. There are 2 towers, one at each end facing the train station. This restaurant is tucked in a little corner near the tower closest to the main bus station.

For the first time we sat outdoors in the courtyard as the weather was warm and nice, the second time we sat indoors as it was cold and we did not make any reservations. What I like about this restaurant was that they provided a variety of fish options which is not common in Switzerland, people here tend to eat more meat than seafood since there is no sea thus making seafood expensive.

This is what was tried for the 1st dinner:

Hugo as an apero (I regretted this, they don’t make it well)

Local white wine (I did not like this either)

Grilled salmon with summer salad (I should have asked for small portion since I had such a hard time finishing my salad)

Fried fish in batter with fries

Wurst with Rosti

Coup Denmark ice-cream to share

This was what was tried for the 2nd dinner:

White martini (which came in a normal glass like what you would use to drink water, I was shocked!)

Fried whitewater fish in batter with boiled potato and vegetables (I asked for small portion this time since their portion is very generous)

Veal with spatzli & boiled vegetables

Coup Denmark ice-cream to share

Service is efficient meaning you get your food fast. If you get the big sized male waiter, he speaks good English. Price here is very reasonable, generous portions and so far the food did not disappoint, only the drinks which is ok I guess since this is a restaurant not a bar. I was told that they have good lunch set menu which are cheap. Also note that the bulk of the dinner guests are pensioners and I do not think that tourist find this place since it is quite hidden.

Pix will posted tonight!
This is my second visit at the res…

Check Schaffhausen Hotel Deals