Restaurant Firuze

Restaurant Firuze - Restaurant Firuze: My Xirdalan beer

Restaurant Firuze Baku Reviews

HORSCHECK HORSCHECK
Restaurant Firuze Sep 16, 2014
On my last day in Baku, I went for dinner to the Firuze restaurant, which was recommended in my German guide book. It is a cellar restaurant and therefore from the outside I got neither an idea of the interior nor of its occupancy. I usually find it diffcult to visit these kind of restaurants, but I decided to give it a try.

When I entered the restaurant I was pleasantly surprised by the bright and colourful traditional decoration of the rooms. Many of the tables were already occupied, but the staff found a nice free table for me.

The comprehensive menu offers a wide range of local food as well as dishes from international cuisines. I opted for Kebab in assortment (Qarisiq kabab) for 5 AZN, homemade potatoes (1,40 AZN)

and roasted vegetables (3,00 AZN) as side dishes. I washed it down with two local Xirdalan beers (1,40 AZN each).

The food was absolutely delicious and compared to all other places I visited before, much cheaper. As I had ordered two side dishes I was only charged half price for each, which I found a very fair gesture.

To sum it up: All restaurants I visited during my time in Baku were at least good, but Firuze was the one outstanding place. So if you are planning to visit only one restaurant, this is the one to go for.

The Firuze restaurant is situated near the eastern side of the Fountain Square (Fevvareler meydani). It can be found at the corner of the square with the street T. Aliyarbeyov. It can be recognised by a sign above a staircase, which leads downwards to the cellar.
Restaurant Firuze: My kebab dish