Restaurant Dionysos

Rödelheimer Str. 34b, Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Restaurant Dionysos Frankfurt am Main Reviews

dahling dahling
Greek in Frankfurt-Bockenheim Jul 12, 2008
The Dionysos ist located by a main street - but sits lower than the street hiding behind some bushes, so when you sit in the very large outside seating area, you do not hear or see the street much at all. All you see is the trees and one area is under grapewines, so it looks very cozy. Even thought the outside area is large it is almost done in sections, so it is still very cozy and does not have a beergarden atmosphere.

We went during the EM, so they had a very large Screen put up and being fair sports, they were cheering for the Germans as well - yeahhhh

The food was absolutely delicious the first time I went, the second time, I would only give it an average, but the second time, we did go on a day, when Germany played, so maybe that had a little to do with the food getting to us. It was still very good, but not as hot as I would like. But, I have to admit, in the greek restaurants in general, the food is not as hot, as I would like my food to be served.

The staff was very friendly, the food all very tasty (yes, I tried of everyones plate and there were 5 of us) and when my daughter decided to watch soccer instead of eating, the - I assume - owner, just told me to leave her with him, soccer is more important and waved me off with a "hey, we greek love kids" and it was the most quiet dinner I had in a while.

Oh, the parking can be a bit tricky at times, but if you turn into the road at the restaurant and park in the street behind it, there is another entrance.

Another thing for those of you with kids, they have a little play area outside.. and a little bobby car also.. oh, I just love this place, great food with friendly people makes for a good evening

Check Frankfurt am Main Hotel Deals