Restaurant Clara

05 90 28 72 99

Restaurant Clara Sainte-Rose Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Really great food Apr 26, 2012
Restaurant Clara was a nice place with really good quality food but pricewise also in the high end of what we had met in Guadeloupe. The restaurant was located behind a wall of plants and behind them a huge restaurant appeared, which was in two levels. The first thing that met you was a huge round bar where some were drinking and some were dining. Next to the bar there was a plateau with probably 30-40 seats and here we ended up. Behind the bar on a level high there were a quite large dining area where 50-60 persons could be seated. The few that were there were people having business meeting after having settled it with Clara.

Clara was a very charismatic local woman in her late 50s or early 60s, and now I don’t hope I make her explode but I think that was on the sweet side. She was running the place no doubt; you could hear her voice everywhere spreading orders to the kitchen while she was taking care of the regulars in the bar and in the restaurant. As the professional host she was she naturally made a round to our table in order to check how we were doing.

I started by ordering both of us a Carib beer while we were looking at the menu. The menu was quite good and by sneaking to a preview on what people were eating on the other tables I settled with two starters; a Chiktail and a Salade Coffre, while Barbara went for a fruit salad. After we got the beers we went outside to enjoy a bit of sun before the dishes arrived. Even before we had finished half of our beers the waitress had served the dishes.

Both my dishes were delicious, and amongst the best dishes I had in Guadeloupe. I found the place quite pricy but 13 Euro a dish it was not too much if you take in consideration the quality of the food. Well I was really pleased went I finished my meal and I had not expected to have that kind of tasty food.
Fabulous conch salad on tomatoes
Chicktail du Coffre - wonderful