Restaurant Caprichos

Puerto Cayo, Ecuador
Restaurant Caprichos - with the chef
Restaurant Caprichos - ready for lunch!!!
Restaurant Caprichos - the best dish!
Restaurant Caprichos - inside the restaurant
Restaurant Caprichos - mix ceviche
Restaurant Caprichos - the restaurant
Restaurant Caprichos - garlic shrimp

Restaurant Caprichos Puerto Cayo Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
A treat for your palate - Restaurant Caprichos Jul 05, 2009
Maybe this place didn't win the Gastronomic Festival, but for us this was #1!!!!

The restaurant is small and it's not located right in front of the beach, which makes it less popular, but it was worth it all the time we "invested" looking for it.

The place it's not fancy at all. They have just a few plastic tables. Decoration is not stunning and better no talk about the restroom, which was in the backyard with the chickens. But I forgot about all these details when I tasted the food, OMG!

We came here for the dish we saw at the festival: "Mariscos Agridulce" (Sweet & sour seafood). We were lucky the chef was back and made it specially for us. Along the coast you will find cebiche, encocado among other dishes, but something sweet & sour was surreal! The mix of the seafood, with pinneaple, veggies, lime and other stuff, was just awesome!!!!

Furthermore, the service was excellent. Maybe they didn't have great conditions, but have so much kindness. They warned us it could take long until we get our order, but not at all! While we were enjoying our food, the chef approached to the table and chatted with us for a while. How nice!

Definitely, I'll go back there my next time around. The detour is more than worth it!!!

I came back and they recognized me! Unfortunately we couldn't get that signature dish... they didn't have all the ingredients :( anyway, we were already there and tried the garlic shrimp and mix ceviche. So tasty!!! and I realized again that this might be one of the cheapest place, double yay!
inside the restaurant