Restaurant Bären

033 822 75 26

Restaurant Bären Unterseen Reviews

mainhart mainhart
Authentic Swiss in a tourist town Aug 28, 2014
Interlaken and adjacent Unterseen are tourist hubs catering to vacationers taking in all the Alps have to offer. Unfortunately this also means that they are full of chain businesses and lack a local flavor. Upon the suggestion of our B&B proprietor we went to Baren for some authentic Swiss cuisine. The restaurant looked like a typical Swiss chalet. It was quite crowded but not packed, yet we were still denied a table because they were too busy. This is a phenomena not found in the United States who will have you wait until they can get you in. However I had encountered this before and found if you have patience and are persistent and encounter a different person to greet you a table will open up for you. That was the case here. The service was INCREDIBLY slow. I love taking my time, but I was also hungry and it took half an hour to get a menu. But I heard they served my favorite meat here, Horse, and was not to be denied. Eventually we did get our meals, which were quite tasty but a little overcooked. The menu had some delicious sounding Swiss dishes and it certainly felt far away from the tourist traps nearby. If only the service was more friendly, less clumsy and a little more attentive.

Compare Interlaken Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Unterseen Map