Restaurant B.A.R

Fax +46 (8) 611 53 37

Restaurant B.A.R Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Restaurant B.A.R (Blasieholmens Akvaruim och Restaurang) Feb 01, 2012
We had been having a meeting all day at work and we ended the day at a quite trendy Restaurant BAR in Stockholm city center. This place was totally new place for and certainly a place that I could visit again. The B.A.R. is the third restaurant, directed by the two award-winning chefs and gastronomic visionars Henrik Norström and Peter Johansson.

It is located on a street corner and it is quite large. When we arrived just before 7 pm it was already full. We were going to be a group of 8 people so we met up in the bar that was situated near the entrance to the restaurant. The bar had a nice beer that I had not tasted before so already there I was satisfied with the choice that had been made for us.

The restaurant was quite special and the ambiance and atmosphere was really intense and far from the cold Swedish silence that you meet in so many restaurants in Stockholm. There were loads of fish tanks and even a huge display of fresh fish like the ones you find in a large super markets in southern Europe.

It turned out that a special part of the restaurants concept is that you as a guests are welcome to participate in the creation of your own meal. You have to step up to the fish tank or ice counter to choose among a wide variety of fresh fish, meat, seafood, seasonal vegetables and condiments and have it made after your own specifications or in collaboration with the chefs behind the counter.

As a guest you can request ingredients and the preparation of the dinner and it is quite fun that you pick out your own meal from scratch. If you aren’t the inventive kind you can choose one of B.A.R.s set courses, suggested to fit the season and the harmony of the different flavors.

The food I had was wonderful and I really liked the concept of creating your own dish with the advice of the chef in the kitchen. I also found it exciting to look at the different kinds of fish and meal that was on display in ice coolers or fish tanks and even the oyster ice tower that they had built up. I can really recommend this place.
Inside the restaurant
Inside the restaurant
Chokk says:
It is quite nice
Posted on: May 17, 2012
Chokk says:
You should - it was a really nice place and a positive surprise for me
Posted on: May 16, 2012
yasuyo says:
Very interesting! I'd love to go this restaurant when I come there:) Thank you for sharing it!!
Posted on: May 16, 2012