Restaurang Prinsen

Restaurang Prinsen - Outside the restaurant

Restaurang Prinsen Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Old School Restaurant Oct 24, 2011
I was out walking in the cold Stockholm and I was looking for a place to have dinner. It was pretty early and much earlier than I had been used to lately but I had over the year’s notices that Swedes eat out quite earl. I was walking in the neighborhood not far from my hotel and it was getting cold in Stockholm. I didn’t take long time before I passed a restaurant that had seen before but hadn’t visited before; Restaurant Prinsen.

The restaurant had a really old classic look from outside. A guy outside the restaurant met me and he turned out to be the wardrobe manager. Inside the interior was dominated by dark wood and brown colors on the walls but it felt brighter than it sounds due to lighting from quite modern lamps that went well with the otherwise classic interior. On the walls were there loads of colorful paintings, many of them with themes from the theater world.

I was seated on a table close to the wall and was given a two-sided menu; after a quick look I decided to go for a Swedish classic the Biff Rydberg or in English a Steak Rydberg. The meal that turned out to be really nice but it was also quite pricy. The meat was really tender and it came with sweet onions, pan-fried potatoes chopped up on small pieces, served a small glass with egg yolk and another glass that had horseradish whipped in cream. I decided to have the restaurants own beer to the meal. The beer was called Underdog and the beer was a light lager with a nice taste almost like ale.

I ended my meal with a Latte and I was pleased with my meal.
The Underdog Beer
Inside the restaurant
My Biff Rydberg
My coffee
Sahult Sahult
Well cooked meal Mar 27, 2011
This is a restaurant in the city of Stockholm, Sweden that has a very high standard on the food.

They cook typical Swedish style with a finesse.

I can highly recommend it.

Maybe a bit expensive for a traveler.
fabienuk fabienuk
May 12, 2007
Excellent place to dine, cheaper than The Gondolen but nice food.

Busy the time we went, felt a bit crampted in the restaurant.

Not a romantic place more like a brasserie.

Check Stockholm Hotel Deals