Restaurang Dolce Vita

08-651 51 60

Restaurang Dolce Vita Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Fair quality and fair portions May 12, 2014
It’s been a couple of years since I was here the last time and I had an experience that was quite similar with the last time I was there. The food had a good level of quality and the portions are quite large. I had the mixed Italian delicatessen with cheese, sausages and so on and the portion was huge. I followed with a huge pizza that didn’t even fit the plate.

The restaurant was quite cozy in a Disney look-a-like Italian style. Pricewise it was quite fair compared to Swedish restaurant prices, which also probably accounted for many of the locals eating there.
The interior
The starter
The Swedish beer
The pizza
Chokk Chokk
Ristorante Dolce Vita Jan 12, 2010
Ristorante Dolce Vita is situated in a nice area of Stockholm. I was staying in the nearby First Hotel Amaranten in Kungsholmsgatan and this was one of the restaurants, which was closest to the hotel.

The restaurant had a grappa bar, and I don't know if that was the reason to go in for me but I am not a great fan of it. Anyway I took a grappa as a appetizer; a grappa di Barolo, 20 years old; the nose was surprising good but the taste was quite sharp followed by a good and long after taste; afterwards I found out that it was 5€ per 1 cl, pretty heavy.

The inside of the restaurant was a classical copy of an imagination of an Italian restaurant. Nice wooden chairs to sit on; red and white checker table cloths, oil and grissini bread on the table.

As a starter I wanted a brochetta but he came with the carpaccio di casa. I was nice to him and kept it because I like carpaccio and I am very flexible. The carpaccio was good but not more; I didn't see any di casa on it unless it was the two olives.

My main dish was filet di gorgonzola. The meat was great; very tender and it was told that it was a Swedish cow that had been scarified. The gorgonzola sauce had a good taste. The filet was placed on a bed of grilled vegetables and accompanied with huge boat potatoes. It was a good meal.

I tasted two different beers from Åbro Brewery in Vimmerby mostly known for Astrid Lindgren and Pippi Longstucking. The first one was a normal beer which had a nice fresh taste. The second one was the brewers Dark Lager, with a bit more taste followed by a coffee aftertaste.

The waiter was actually quite nice; he regained his momentum after the mistake in the beginning. He was very polite towards all customers; asking to the food and ready to give advice.
The sign in front of the Restaurant
A cozy corner of the restaurant
My main dish
There was also a grappe bar in one…

Check Stockholm Hotel Deals