Restauracja Warszawska

ul. Chopina 5 A, Warsaw, Poland

Restauracja Warszawska Warsaw Reviews

boxinbcn boxinbcn
Polish specialties in nice surroundings... Apr 03, 2008
Here’s a great place for dinner in Warsaw where you can try some delicious Polish specialties as well as some more international dishes while enjoying a relaxing atmosphere and nice decor.

I like trying new restaurants, new food, and seeing how different professionals go about their work in the restaurant business. Last night I had the chance to have dinner at Restauracja Warszawska on ul Chopina in the south part of Central Warsaw. Sometimes experimenting with new restaurants is unmemorable to say the least, but I won’t soon forget the excellent food, friendly service and great ambience at this restaurant. I could tell that this was going to be good, just by looking through the window into the cheerful, candlelit interior with warm décor accented by a large dome-shaped wood-fired oven. Inside there are fantastic details everywhere. This is definitely a place to feel at home.

When you come to Poland you have to try some of the fantastic soups that the polish are known for and are deservedly proud of. One of my favorites is Żurek. I try it at a lot of different places because it is always slightly different and 9 times out of 10 it’s really good. There’s also a nice mushroom soup and another Polish specialty, red beetroot soup. I wasn’t too hungry so I had a bowl of Żurek and another one of my all time favorite things – steak tartar! Both were fantastic, but the steak tartar – another Polish specialty – must be the best I’ve had in Poland. There are also plenty of other Polish dishes – from pierogi to golonka, potato pancakes with sour cream and smoked salmon, herring…! Everything we tried was exceptional! Dessert was also great – a cooked pear with lemon sherbet followed by some tea which was a perfect way to finish the meal and wind down after a stressful day. The best part was feeling so comfortable that we sat there talking and drinking tea for quite a while before heading on our way.

I noticed that they also have a nice selection of wines and, of course, plenty of vodkas to try!

This was an excellent experience, for about 70 PLN (20€) / person without wine.
From the restaurant's card... next…

Check Warsaw Hotel Deals