Restaurace Mlejnice

14 Kožná, Prague, Czech Republic
Restaurace Mlejnice - yummy mint tea
Restaurace Mlejnice - an appetizer that was similar to a cabbage pancake; don't recall the actual name
Restaurace Mlejnice - the restaurant
Restaurace Mlejnice - another appetizer camembert(?) cheese and cranberry sauce
Restaurace Mlejnice - my entree, while not exactly traditional, was very tasty. liked the yogurt dipping sauce and the tomatoes were juicy.

Restaurace Mlejnice Prague Reviews

LeighBR LeighBR
It's All About the Meat - Real Czech Food, Real Good Nov 05, 2009
My mom read about this restaurant in one of her guide books/literature while researching for our trip. While we were in the Czech Republic, we wanted to make sure we could try authentic Czech cuisine. This place nails it.

The restaurant is not far from the Old Town Square, but doesn't have quite as many tourists as one might expect due to its proximity to major thoroughfares. It can get crowded. However, we were lucky and were there on a day when it wasn't bad. Although we didn't get a great table (we had to sit close to the door which was a bit drafty), we were seated immediately.

The restaurant is cozy and the decor is agragarian with lots of antique wheelbarrows and plows in the rafters. I think they're trying for a country/farm kitchen type atmosphere. Expect lots of meats and large portions.

Unfortunately, I did not take notes on what we ordered. I know I ordered a mint tea, which was served with fresh mint leaves and tasted wonderful. I also ordered a dish that I don't think is exactly traditional, but was excellent nonetheless. The others in my group made better choices, I think, but all of the plates were really tasty. Prices are reasonable and portions are large. Lots of meats adorn the menu. The included side dishes were mostly veggies and seemed pretty fresh.

We regret not returning for another meal before leaving Prague. I would definitely return on any future visit and probably make it a point to go here for the first meal (and return a few more times). I recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants to try good Czech food. Hands down, this was the favourite restaurant of our group.
yummy mint tea
an appetizer that was similar to a…
another appetizer camembert(?) che…
my entree, while not exactly tradi…

Check Prague Hotel Deals