Residency Hotel Fort Mumbai

Residency Hotel Fort Mumbai Rates and Deals

Residency Hotel Fort Mumbai Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
A very comfortable stay Sep 06, 2010
The trip we booked in India did not include a hotel in Mumbai. Accommodation is expensive and the travel agent could not do it for less than 70 euros per night. We decided to try and find a place ourselves.

The Residency quickly came out of our searches as the cheapest mid-range option, at around 40 euros for a double, so we went ahead and booked a room. Strangely enough their website is (a little bit) cheaper if you say you are India. Since I was confirming my reservation with an Indian mobile number, I figured I could pose as an Indian :-)

One of the reasons for choosing this place was because they were advertising free Internet and Wi-Fi in the rooms. Hey, two serious bloggers need to log on from time to time! :-)

Well, the website did not lie about their facilities, but their description was a little misleading. They do indeed have an internet terminal in their lobby, which is free of charge, and they have Wi-Fi available in the rooms... which isn't!

As we were discussing the misleading info on the website with the receptionist, he suggested we'd upgrade to a Club room, which is in a separate building and has Wi-Fi and breakfast included.

Every fibre in my body wanted to get away from this place (this kind of up-selling really goes against my principle), but we decided to stay anyway. I'm glad we did. The room was one of the most comfortable I have had this entire trip!

The price difference was about 10 euros, which was not much more than two Internet log-ins and two breakfasts anyway. Besides, after seeing the different rooms, the choice was easy: the Club rooms are the way to go!

The room looked great. While smallish, it was very complete, with a flatscreen TV, DVD player, Surround sound set, A/C, a large and well-equipped bathroom, fridge, coffee & tea making facilities.

The room came with some nice extras as well, though I did not understand some of the decisions made on what freebies they give are rather strange. You get a pair of bath slippers (only one in a double room) and a free newspaper every morning, yet there are no hand towels provided and something as simple as a teaspoon is also missing. Furthermore coffee never got replenished, we always had to ask for it. Every morning at 9:15 sharp someone would phone the room and ask if we had any laundry to be done. Very attentive, but also a very irritating if you have just done all your laundry the day before and want a lie-in!

Even if you don't go for a Club room, which has breakfast included, the buffet is a bargain at only Rs80. While simple (it contains some types of cereals, fresh fruit, toast and eggs any style, made to order) it is all-you-can-eat, so really good value. By far the best value breakfast we have had in India.

Despite some of the strange decisions on managerial and service level, our stay was very pleasant and I would wholly recommend the Residency hotel to anyone going to Mumbai.
This is a standard room, the one w…
Our room, the Club Room.
Nice TV, innit?
Bathroom
Biedjee says:
wot memories? I was awfully ill when we were there!
Posted on: Jun 25, 2011
edsander says:
Ahhh ... the memories. ;-)
Posted on: Jun 24, 2011
Sakaali Sakaali
An average business hotel Nov 28, 2006
In November 2006 me and my friend went to Mumbai for a short visit. We didn't have a hotel booking beforehand, so after arriving to the airport late in the evening we started calling to different hotels. The place where we eventually got a room, situates in the Fort business district, and is called Residency Hotel.

When you step inside to the lobby, it looks really good. The walls are made of marble, and there's also a nice restaurant where they serve the breakfast. After we had checked in, which took about half an hour due to intense bureaucracy, a bellboy took us to our room. And what could I tell you about the room? Well, I think it was very average, but what more can you expect for a 2000 INR a night? The best thing about it was the bed, which was really comfortable. Room service was working really well, too.

One thing I didn't like was the toilet, which didn't flush properly. There was also something wrong with the air conditioner, it was so noisy that eventually we had to turn it off. Excluding those two little problems, I had a good sleep though, so I was quite satisfied. The location of the hotel is really good as well, since it's only a short walk from the CST railway station. In conclusion, if you're looking for an average hotel in a good location, this might be it. :) But personally I'll try something else next time.
Our room

Residency Hotel Fort Mumbai Overview

Location. Located in Mumbai, Residency Hotel Fort Mumbai is in the historical district and close to Flora Fountain, Rajabai Tower, and Prince of Wales Museum. Nearby points of interest also include Gateway of India and Girgaun Chowpatty. Hotel Features. The property offers a roundtrip airport shuttle (surcharge). High speed Internet access is available in public areas. Residency Hotel Fort Mumbai features laundry facilities, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Room service is available during limited hours. Additional property amenities include concierge services. Guestrooms. 40 air conditioned guestrooms at Residency Hotel Fort Mumbai feature coffee/tea makers and safes. Bathrooms feature showers. In addition to desks and complimentary newspapers, guestrooms offer direct dial phones. Satellite television is provided. Housekeeping is offered daily and guests may request irons/ironing boards.

Residency Hotel Fort Amenities