Residence Resideal Antibes

Residence Resideal Antibes Rates and Deals

Residence Resideal Antibes Reviews

narcymai narcymai
Long Stay Hotel in Antibes May 26, 2012
I have a lot of mixed feelings about Resideal. This is a long stay hotel that I stayed at from the beginning of January until early May 2012. I stayed in two of the studio rooms, having had to move to the second room because the hotel was undergoing renovations halfway through my stay.

The location was pretty good. It wasn't right in the center of Antibes, but what I liked was that it was just a 7 minute walk to the bus stops and the SNCF train stop, which was definitely a plus for any weary travelers. Unfortunately, it also made the area a little creepier than many in my program would have liked. Sometimes the streets weren't lit up well enough, which alarmed me whenever I had to walk back from the bus stop in the evening after my classes were done with.

The hotel itself was pretty decent. I know my roommate wasn't too fond of the amenities, but I didn't think it would've been fair to assume responsibilities of an upscale hotel on a long stay residence. That being said, I don't agree with the four stars that the hotel boasts in online reviews. The amenities are average. There are laundry facilities on site, but they're quite pricey. The restaurant wasn't open when I stayed there. The front desk staff were usually helpful and most spoke English well enough to understand when I'd need something or had a question. The best part about this hotel was the rooftop pool. They had some palmtrees and a great view of the small city, docks, and beaches.

The rooms were pretty good. It was bigger than a college dorm and provided dishes and eating utensils along with a small oven, dishwasher, sink, and stove top. Right when you walk in, you would be standing in the bedroom, which was small and connected to the toiletroom, bathroom, and living room/kitchen. The bedroom was like a cave sometimes. It was dark, sometimes stuffy, and unfortunately, it was inconveniently placed right next to the main door. This means that if any chick coming back in high heels from the bar at 3am, everyone in the hall would know it.

My biggest problem with Resideal was with security of the premises. When you stay in one of these rooms and decided to leave for the day or night, you need to make sure that your balcony door is shut and locked and that the front door is secured shut with a click. The doors sometimes appear to be shut, but are not actually properly shut tight.

While I stayed at this hotel, I witnessed a furious argument between the front desk and an Australian couple staying there. Their room had been broken into with their valuables stolen- including their passports. Two students from my program staying there had also had their room broken into and their laptops stolen.

The worst instance with security happened just a few days before I moved out. A man had broken into a room across from us at 4am with the intention of burglarizing the room while the two girls slept. Unfortunately, one of the girls happened to wake up, scared the intruder, and in defense, the intruder sprayed pepper spray into the girls' faces.

Now, this could have happened anywhere, but the fact that the front desk staff was not at the front desk for a long while after this happened was extremely alarming. Then when he was alerted about the problem, he did nothing but tell us to be quiet... I assumed that he left the desk to check up on the place and make sure that the security was good, but while the ordeal was going down, I noticed that two of the emergency doors were propped open. It made wonder how he would've missed something so crucial to the security of the place...

Overall, I would stay here again if I had to or if I were staying longterm again. However, there is a need for this hotel to amp up the security and a concern for guest safety.
Panorama of the front of Resideal …

Check Residence Resideal Rates and Deals