Residence Leon D'Oro

Residence Leon D'Oro Rates and Deals

Residence Leon D'Oro Prague Reviews

GFglobetrotter GFglobet…
Perfect location, not so perfect hotel Apr 13, 2011
The Residence Leon is in the heart of Old Town in Prague. Turn one direction out of the hotel and you are steps from Old Town Square, turn the other direction and you are at Wenceslas Square. It really is a perfect location. It is also right down the street from Havelsk√° Market which is a great place to buy souvenirs and fruit. Take the map you can get at the front desk. You will most definitely need it!

My room was very big with a separate living area and bedroom. There was a mini-kitchen that was useful for the small number of groceries I bought. It was also nice to have the extra room to spread out.

I read online ahead of time that the elevator was under construction. When I wrote to the hotel, they assured me it would be completed by the time I was checking in on April 14th. Unfortunately, this did not happen and they hadn't finished the elevator even by the time I checked out on April 19th. It was more than just the elevator, but the entire hallway leading up to my 4th floor walk-up was basically under construction. The hallways were very dusty and the construction started very early in the day.

As another reviewer said, they didn't clean the room very often. I think out of the 5 days I was there it was only cleaned 2 times. I had to ask for toilet paper since they didn't clean towards the end of my trip.

Spotty wi-fi, at best

On my second to last day, the hot water broke. It was broken for more than 18 hours. The hotel didn't really see this as a big deal even though lots of guests were complaining. I understand that it broke on a Sunday afternoon when repair shops might be closed, but we couldn't shower until late in the day on Monday and from what I knew the hotel was fully booked.

If the water was working and the elevator and hallway construction was finished, I wouldn't have too many complaints about this hotel. The location made up for some of it. Also, I got a great deal online which gave me a free night so this definitely helped alleviate some of the issues I had with the hotel.

Residence Leon D'Oro Overview

The Residence Leon d'Oro is a contemporary 3 Star property close to Prague Castle and just 100 m from the Old Town Square, one of the finest squares in Europe, in the magical city of Prague. Situated in the heart of the Old Town and opposite to the oldest market in Prague founded in 1232 and which over the centuries has remained virtually unchanged, this hotel has a romantic atmosphere and offers a range of well-appointed apartments all reflecting the area's rich heritage. Friendly personal service and convenient location make the Residence Leon d'Oro an ideal home away from home from which to explore all that this historic city has to offer.

Getting to the Hotel: Prague Airport is 15 km from the Hotel and public transport is just 5 minute walk away.

Local Tips: The Residence Leon d'Oro is in a perfect position for visits to Wenceslas Square, the Charles Bridge, and the old Jewish medieval synagogue.

Residence Leon D'Oro Amenities

• Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower