Residence Inn Fishkill

Check Fishkill Hotel Deals

Residence Inn Fishkill Reviews

travelgeek9 travelge…
Residence Inn Fishkill Jun 04, 2008
During my last business trip to Newburgh, NY I stayed across the Hudson River at the Residence Inn in Fishkill. Although I had stayed at this hotel several years ago while working at IBM I was surprised to see that the hotel is actually cleaner than my last stay. Maybe the new hotels moving into the area has sparked a revamp of their facility?

There is nothing really special about any Residence Inn. It's a standard hotel with suite style rooms providing you with a small kitchen and basic needs during your stay. There is a pool and hot tub but it was green and in the process of being cleaned up for the season when I was last there. Being in a cooler climate of northern New York, I don't suspect it gets used a whole lot except during the summer months.

The hotel has gone completely smoke free since the last time I was there, so if you are a smoker, expect to spend your time outside enjoying your cigarette. There is a small "Smoking Patio" that remained empty the entire time I was there. I think most people just walked outside their rooms to enjoy their cancer sticks, not wanting to make the trek down to the lobby area just to sit in the covered area.

The large patio area is very nicely shaded by lots of trees and is a nice spot to sit with your colleagues and a 12 pack after a long day at work. Along with the shade and tables there are a couple BBQ grills setup for guests to use if you so desire. With a kitchen in your room, and a grill on the patio, if you're not planning an adventure out for the day, it could definitely be a nice place to sit and have a nice relaxing day.

The hotel is quite old compared to the other hotels in the area that have recently opened and I don't expect a large draw as most travelers are looking for the convenience and amenities that you receive at the newer hotels. Although with free internet, a refrigerator, and a place to cook your own food, its the perfect long stay hotel in my honest opinion. If I was going to be in the area for a few weeks again, I would probably consider this hotel again just because of the convenience of preparing my own meals every night. Well that and the quiet surroundings since the hotel is not normally booked to capacity.

Residence Inn Fishkill Overview

The Residence Inn by Marriott Fishkill is the perfect extended stay hotel for project teams, relocations, temporary housing, or corporate housing in Fishkill NY. Residence Inn Fishkill has perfected the extended stay experience by combining all the comforts of home with all the perks of a hotel. Nestled in the beautiful Hudson Valley, New York among quaint villages filled with nature and culture, we are also the perfect hotel for leisure travel. Our all suite hotel in Fishkill NY offers separate areas for sleeping, living, eating, and a fully equipped kitchen. Unwind in our outdoor swimming pool, heated spa, and Sport Court to melt your tensions away. And, with our delicious free hot HomeTouch breakfast buffet daily, nightly social events, summer barbeques, and complimentary high speed Internet access, you will feel like you never left home. Whether traveling to Fishkill New York for business or pleasure, our friendly 24 hour hotel staff is here to make you feel right at home, with hallmark Marriott service.

Residence Inn Amenities

• Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower