Residence Assounfou Marrakech

Check Marrakech Hotel Deals

Residence Assounfou Marrakech Reviews

Kim_East Kim_East
Miserable hotel Feb 24, 2011
I usually don't do reviews, but I willing to make an exception. I just got home from a trip to Morocco. I stayed at this hotel my first night there and then 4 days later I returned and stayed for 2 nights. If it wasn't because My trip & hotel was payed in advance I would've found another hotel... here's why:

First off, The service is horrible. When I arrived and checked in I had to wait for about 15-20 mins to get my keys. they just threw the room-keys on the desk as if they just didn't have a care in the world and most of all just really wanted to get off work. No, information about the hotel at all... When is the restaurant open? when is breakfeast served, where's the pool? how do I get to my room?

When I finally got up to my room it wasn't even ready yet... The cleaning lady was still at it. mopping the floor and tidyng up the bed.

The condition of the room in general was too low in accordance to what you pay. There was some kind of nightstand in the bedroom that had collapsed, there was a neat little kitchen at the room which is basically the only positive thing I have to say about this hotel... not that I used it at all. there were a closet with a few dishes and glas. I picked up a glass and noticed that it was dirty... I mean, really dirty. I you drank from that cup/glass you'd probably get so sick you'd have to spend the rest of the vacation on the toilet.

Next day I had to check out because I was leaving for Essaouira. I'm not going to put this on the hotel, because maybe this is how Morocco works... I really don't know, BUT. As I had checked out I asked they could call a cab to pick me up. Then he told me I could find one outside and they were constantly driving around. If this is how Morocco works, I'm not going to blame the hotel.

4 days later, I returned to be greeted with the same service as last time. bad service. I was given the same room as last time I was there and as I enteres I noticed the night stand was still collapsed and had been untouched. I checked in for 2 nights, but they called in the afternoon me the next day and asked why I hadn't checked out yet and that normally one would check out before noon. I simply told them that my flight was due the next day. After which he replyed "Ok" and then hung up. Seems to me that they aren't good at paperwork either... I couldn't wait to get out of there...

By the way, breakfeast is rather small the price considered. Also The pool is constantly in shade during the day, which makes it pretty darn cold.

Overall recommendation: don't go there... find something better.

Residence Assounfou Marrakech Overview

The Assounfou aparthotel is situated in the heart of Guliz, in the centre of Marrakesh, just 20 metres from the plaza centre and a 15-minute walk from the famous square Djemaa el Fna and the traditional souks of Marrakesh. Marrakech-Menara Airport is about 20 km from the aparthotel.

The 40 apartments are well decorated with great attention to the details in the architecture, and the use and harmony of space, all in order to offer guests a pleasant stay in Marrakesh. The aparthotel features two restaurants and a snack bar serving coffee and with WLAN Internet access, thus catering for all of guests' needs on the first floor. There is also a secure underground car park, where technicians will help in case of mechanical problems. Guests are welcomed into a lobby with 24-hour reception and check-out service. The air-conditioned aparthotel also features a hairdressing salon and room service.

All of the spacious and comfortable apartments are equipped with kitchen areas, and feature reversible air conditioning, satellite TV, comfortable lounge, bathroom with shower and hairdryer, telephone and in most a balcony. The apartments also come with a double or king-size bed, mini fridge, cooker, tea and coffee making facilities and individually regulated heating.

The hotel has a swimming pool for adults and another pool for children. There are also sun loungers and parasols.

The hotel's restaurants serve fine Moroccan and international specialities. A continental breakfast is served, while both lunch and dinner are served la carte and from a set menu.

Residence Assounfou Amenities

• Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Excursions
  • Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower