Renting Avis Car in Sea of Galilee & the Dead Sea

04-672-2766

Renting Avis Car in Sea of Galilee & the Dead Sea Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
cheaper than renting a taxi Mar 05, 2014
For “do-it-yourself” trip or visit to Mt. of Beatitudes, the synagogue in Capernaum, and the Church of Multiplication in Tabgha, I would highly suggest to rent a car. Renting a car in Israel is inexpensive. For a compact size car it only cost us US$28.00 per day. Renting a car is cheaper than hiring a taxi to go to those sites I just mentioned above.

Having your own transportation will allow you to stop at places you come across that’s worth checking out. As far I know, there are no bus routes that goes into these sites.

Also, for a “do-it-yourself” trip to Dead Sea and Masada, renting a car to me is a better option rather than taking the public bus.

As far as the driving culture in Israel, it really depends on which city you are in. In big cities like Jerusalem I won’t even consider driving there, it is hard to maintain being in the defensive side. Besides, sites you may be interested to check-out are just walking-distance away from one site to the other.

In Tiberias, there are several car rental companies to choose from. We chose Avis as it was suggested to us by the hotel owner where we stayed at. A friendly lady assisted us on our reservation through the phone. We picked up the car at 8:00 a.m. the following day.

Cars are okay – clean seats, clean floors and no odors. Systems of the car worked properly as well.

Their office in Tiberias is located just 50 meters away to/from the Egged Central Bus Station. They also have two branches in Jerusalem.

The staffs to both offices in Tiberias and Jerusalem are helpful.

You may return the car at Ben Guiron International Airport but with additional service fee.

Daily rental fee is US$28.00. Plus insurance if you opt to get one. They do accept debit card.

The only minus factor I can say is the too much waiting time for the paper work to finish. We spent almost an hour waiting before we were finally got the car key.

Overall, our experience with Avis-Israel is pretty good.
office in Tiberias
cotton_foam says:
Thank you guys for yet congrats greetings! A good weekend to you all! :-)
cicie says:
Congrats on your featured review, Sis :)
nickie says: