Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel

Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel Rates and Deals

Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel Reviews

tinavratilova tinavrat…
Nice hotel staffs Mar 01, 2013
I arrived here couple weeks ago and I stayed here for around 4 nights and the staffs and the cleaners did their job really well.

I also tried some pancakes in ground floor and it tasted amazing.

The pools with some palm trees are nice. Located on strategic location and really close with Twin Tower. Overall, this hotel need to fix some issues for example like their bed is not really suitable with people who taller than 180cm, I know this weird. However, I use my Marriott rewards points to stay here and they still treated me nice.
steve71 steve71
Nice but expensive Mar 27, 2012
I stayed at the Renaissance on my way from London to Melbourne as a one night stopover,the hotel is a top of the range hotel and the room and service were very good including getting a late afternoon checkout as I had an evening flight I booked a single room before I left the UK and I actually had a bed for 3 people the breakfast was buffet style and with plenty to choose from

The hotel is also very close to the Petronas towers

All round a nice hotel but on the expensive side
flygirl19 flygirl19
Central location with friendly service Jul 01, 2011
The Renaissance hotel in Kuala Lumpur is located in the Golden Triangle providing convenient access to shopping centres, tourist attractions and nightlife. It is close to the Bukit Nanas monorail station which takes you directly to Bukit Bintang and other shopping areas and reduces the need to take taxis around which can be slow and expensive during peak (traffic) 'jam' times. It is also possible to walk to KLCC, it's about a 15minute walk.

The hotel itself is quite luxurious. It isn't the newest hotel although the east wing has recently been refurbished. I prefer the west wing due to its more spacious and appealing appearance. I have never had a problem with the cleanliness of the rooms, every time I have stayed there it has been immaculate. Housekeeping staff are always willing to help you out, I find giving them a good tip when you arrive ensures fast and efficient service. Although this is true of most any hotel I think.

The pool area is quite large,with a pool bar serving cocktails and snacks. They also have a gym with jacuzzi, steam room and sauna which are good for relaxation. The Mandara Spa is slightly above average although the services are over priced. I would recommend going elsewhere for these.

The breakfast buffet is quite good, with a wide selection of Asian and Western breakfast items. The food at the main buffet in the West wing is a far better than the other restaurants in the East wing which I did not enjoy.

Overall I have enjoyed staying at the Renaissance in KL, and have recommended family and friends to stay there all with positive feedback. Value for money is good when they have certain promotions on otherwise it is about average. There are cheaper hotels in KL but for the 5 Star experience this hotel is quite reasonable.
jesa145 says:
Congrats on your review ;)
Posted on: Jul 03, 2011
gardkarlsen says:
Good review - I have also stayed at this hotel and I was not that happy with it so I actually moved out and went to Traders hotel instead. But anyway, it seems like they are building something next to Renaissance now - will this block in the sun around the pool area?
Posted on: Jul 03, 2011
jennjeff1 says:
Good review!
Posted on: Jul 01, 2011
FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Luxury in heart of the city (right at the junction!) Oct 12, 2011
This is pretty much my favourite hotel whenever I am in Kuala Lumpur. I have stayed both in the East and West Wing over the years. There are of course cheaper alternatives in KL. This is a 5-star hotel. Its actually the kind of hotel where people travelling on business would stay or tourists travelling on their pension/ retirement funds (but I am on neither!).

I would recommend this hotel for the following reasons:

a) walking distance to KL Petronas Towers so if your room is high you get a good view of the towers at night;

b) just across the street from Zouk Disco and Hard Rock Cafe;

c) very short walking distance to train station (Bukit Nanas station) whichever lines you choose to take from (since the taxi drivers there tend to overcharge!);

d) big bathroom;

e) good breakfast spread;

f) I get to choose the kind of pillows (duck feathers or normal pillows) - the other hotels in Malaysia I have tried do not offer this option;

g) big swimming pool;

h) if you stay during Christmas period there will be a huge christmas tree placed at both wings of the hotel. I like to take pictures there with the christmas tree :)

On your arrival you will get a free fruit basket in your room (well its more like a plate of fruits). I don't know whether its a common practice recently because the very first time I stayed there in 2006 I did not receive it but my subsequent stays thereafter I always get a free fruit basket.

Well for the brandname "Renaissance" I think the service is worth the price I usually paid for.
the complimentary "fruit basket"
the view from my room
coffeefairy coffeefa…
5 star hotel with a 5 star service Mar 14, 2010
The best customer service I have experienced in a hotel is here in Renaissance Hotel Kuala Lumpur. Each staff was really friendly and we were treated like VIPs. Truly they are a 5-star hotel with 5-star service quality.

It was a trip for my parents in year 2006, their first time in Kuala Lumpur so I was so happy with our stay in hotel. It is a great experience to balance out the very traumatic experience we had taking that coach bus (with a driver from hell) from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur.

We arrived in the hotel a little bit soaked from the rain and we definitely did not look like rich people with our backpacks and tshirt and shorts but we were welcomed like honorable guests. They even gave us a room with a great view of the Petronas Towers. It was really a fantastic experience.

Their facilities are also great, they have a nice pool and they have a few restaurants inside the hotel although the food is not that fantastic and service is a little slow. But then again, I really am happy with how I was treated in this hotel so from then on I always consider checking into a Renaissance hotel if there's one in my destination.
sylviandavid says:
Nice review: thanks for the information. sylvia
Posted on: Mar 14, 2010
ak1215 ak1215
convience, good service and fantastic view ~ Dec 30, 2010
I booked the hotel on their website in last min, and it was unexpectedly great.. I requested and prepared to pay a night for the room with the view of Petronas Twin Towers for celebrating NY with my best friend.. When we checked in, the clerk told me that "we're already arranged to the room with great view".. Then, when I checked my bill later, I found they didn't charge this at all.. That really made me felt that I'll have a great new yaer start 2011..

Conversely, though the concierge were nice, but they gave us the wrong info of going to the skybridge of Petronas Twin Towers.. it wasted our last day in KL..
my Window view of renaissance kual…
New Year firework~
Relaxing time in KL~
gardkarlsen gardkarl…
Not very impressed Jul 02, 2008
This is a review of a stay at Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel. I stayed there in the end of June 2008 and I was in KL on a business trip. I have been to KL before and I have experience from various hotels such as Traders, Ascott, Federal and Agora.

We book a room through the company that we worked for in KL and we got confirmation that we had gotten rooms on the club level in the west wing. When we arrived late at night on June 21st I asked the cab driver to take us to the west wing lobby. Normally when you arrive at a 5 star hotel in this part of the world you are met by people that opens the door, helps you with the suitcase etc. This was not the case for Renaissance. We dragged our suitcases into the lavish lobby and the chandelier was enormous. When we came to the counter we were informed that we were not to be living in the west wing after all but in the East wing…so we had to drag our suitcases over to the east wing lobby…it was only a couple of minutes away. I did ask what the difference of east and west wing are and according to the staff the east wing was better. But from what I have read it seems like the west wing is the best…it is more expensive at least.

When checking in it was hard to communicate with the people behind the counter as a lady was entertaining people in the bar upstairs in the lobby. I'm tone deaf and admit it…but the lady that was singing was not doing a great job in my opinion. I got room 2325 on the club level and despite the bad start I walked to the room with an open mind. I'm not sure what I expected but I was disappointed when I walked into the room. I guess I was expecting more of a 5 star hotel.

The room was OK in size and it started of with tiles and the rest of the room floor was a carpet. This carpet had seen better days and there were stains here and there that looked a bit disturbing actually. The light walls also had a few scratches and marks and I got the feeling right away that it was a room that needs an upgrade.

The big bed looked tempting and there were lots of huge, soft pillow. But when sitting down on the bed it felt uneven and felt like it was overdue to be replaced. The rest of the room was pretty standard: a two seat sofa with a small table, a desk for work, s small minibar (a beer was 22 ringgits), a safe, iron/ironing board etc. The TV was a small CRT TV (the old type TV) in an old fashioned cabinet…I don't think I have seen this in a hotel for many years. Not very practically if you ask me.

As we were on the club level I was expecting a complimentary internet connection but that proved to be wrong. First of all: the work desk did not contain a plug for the PC so in order to get some power to the PC I had to crawl under the desk and pull out one of the plugs. The hotel does not seem to have wifi but standard wire connection…and you have to pay for it. I don't understand how hotels can use this to make money…in these days an internet connection is vital on a business trip.

The bathroom was in old fashion style but did contain quite a lot of amenities. But there was one major "flaw" in my opinion: the shower. You have to take a shower in the bathtub and there is a shower curtain that prevents the water from flooding. But even if I did use the shower curtain right, the water were still leaking on to the floor. The shower head was also too low so I had to bend down to wash my hair…and I'm average in height.

In the hall outside my room music were played constantly and the volume was so loud that I woke up in the middle of the night hearing the music. It was pretty bizarre waking up to Hall of the Mountain King by Edvard Grieg for Henrik Ibsen's play Peer Gynt.

The club level lounge did offer evening cocktails and breakfast and the food and drinks were quite good. The lounge had a view to the Petronas twin towers and the location of the hotel is not bad on Jalan Ampang, right next to Bukit Nanas monorail station. I don't think it took more than 10 minutes to walk to KLCC. The pool was pretty big and it looked ideal if you are bringing your kids.

As you can understand from my review, I was not very impressed with the hotel. What bugged me the most was the lack of internet…well, you could of course buy access but we were already paying 540 Ringgits per night. The fact that the room was not very attractive did not help either and the music in the hall was annoying me. So in the end we did something that I have never done before…we started checking out other hotels. After two days we called Traders and we were more than thrilled to hear that they had rooms vacant. So we checked out of Renaissance and into Traders…not only did we get a nice modern room, free internet, closer location to the Petronas twin tower…we also got it about 100 Ringgit cheaper.
The bed was not very comfy
The work desk had no plug for the …
TV cabinet is not very functional
The pool was big
Martin_Austria Martin_A…
Relaxing stay after backpacking Jan 15, 2007
I was lucky to stay at the Renaissance hotel in Kuala Lumpur after nearly 4 weeks of travelling with my backpack. They had everything I missed a little the weeks before (Pool, fitness room, couple of nice restaurants.) In the evenings a couple of live bands playing (piano, singer ...) not the best but still. Live is live :-)

Breakfast was great there, they had everything especially nice bread – and after Australia I really enjoyed good bread.

It was the best Renaissance hotel I have been so far. I spend once a night at the same hotel group in Karlsruhe (Germany) but that one wasnt even close to this one.

I can't judge the price, since I had a very special offer.
Queen size bed - yes! Too big for …
Room with a view.
Martin_Austria says:
Just the breakfast 10 Euros. :-)
Posted on: Oct 20, 2007
szu says:
say it once again.. "10 Euros per person"????
Posted on: Oct 20, 2007

• Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes