Renaissance Hollywood Hotel and Spa

1755 North Highland Ave ยท Hollywood, Hollywood, CA, USA

Check Hollywood Hotel Deals

Renaissance Hollywood Hotel and Spa Reviews

Jelly Jelly
VIP treatment means "paparazzi" type interruptions during your stay Aug 09, 2012
I've stayed here twice now. Once for Valentine's weekend 2012 booking the "Romance Package" and another time in August 2011 for my fiance's birthday party in LA booking the "VIP Package". The packages came with valet parking included, buffet breakfast, late check out, and upgraded room. The cost before taxes was around $300, and by the time all was said and done our final bill was about $450.

Along with the perks mentioned above, both packages also included a bottle of champagne and chocolates (more like 4 pieces on a saucer plate). Cute.

I'm a huge fan of the Marriott chain. We stay in several hotels each year. It's my first choice for vacation or staycation. I love their beds and pillows, their rooms are usually pretty spacious and the ones like Residence Inn have kitchens and pretty nice buffet breakfast with make your own waffles :-) Bonus!

Ok, so why didn't I rate this place better? The service, or maybe it wasn't the service but the coordination of the service. The first time we stayed was for the VIP package. We asked for the bottle of champagne, sweets, and our refrigerator to be sent up right away. In the next 2.5 hours we had a whole parade of room service men in and out of our room. They sent up the mini bar key first, then the champagne, then the refrigerator, then an additional refrigerator!! We were exhausted and just wanted to rest but was not able to. The only VIP feeling we had was that we were constantly bothered as if they were paparazzi trying to get a glimpse of who was staying in the room. They came between 15 to 30 minutes apart. Not very relaxing for a getaway. The men who brought the things up were very kind, and they were just doing their job. But they need to find a better system in which they can all come at the same time to bring up what our package included. It's not like it was a big surprise that we were getting these things. We even made sure when we checked in that we wanted it all at once and wanted to rest very soon after checking in. No such luck, I couldn't wait to hit the town since we were getting to privacy here.

The second time I stayed... for the Valentine's package we had the same problems. Though I spoke to Marcus, the hotel manager, when we checked in. He reassured me that if I have any problems this time to give him a call. Well, Marcus was impossible to get a hold of, each time I called down he was not available or not in sight. We had more interruptions, all the service men parading in and out of our room once again. I think it took us an hour to get our champagne this time. We left to go to a club around 11, I had forgotten my ID so Anthony ran back upstairs to grab it. When he got to our room a service man was knocking at our door to drop off our additional bottle of champagne. Um, hello? That was supposed to come up hours ago with the first bottle! I was so annoyed when he came down and told me.

So, why did I come back? Well, I love the location of this hotel and the breakfast here is amazing. Those who work at the restaurant are awesome. And the selection is fantastic. You can have any buffet stuff, of course, but you can also order off the menu and it's included with the price. Wow! They have fresh fruit, freshly juiced carrots, celery and orange. And the omelet bar rocks, you can get an all egg white omelet. Along with the bed and the location, I think I come back for the fabulous breakfast. Ok, that's not true, but it makes almost everything better in the morning.

We have yet to hit the pool here but I'm ok with missing it. If I can't get any privacy in our room, I can't imagine how manic the pool would be.

Will I stay here again?? Maybe, it's so darn convenient and breakfast is amazing. If they could just get their act together.
Anthony's birthday... a break betw…

Check Hollywood Hotel Deals