Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok

Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok Rates and Deals

Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok Reviews

bekkanewman bekkanew…
Rembrandt Hotel, Bangkok Mar 26, 2015
The Rembrandt Hotel was very nice, I stayed here for 5 nights. The staff were lovely and very attentive, i left my ipad here by accident and they sent it in the post to me in Phuket which was amazing!!! The rooms were really nice and the breakfast was great! My only problems with the hotel was that they got the taxis off the street and they all tried to rip you off (not the hotel - the taxis) - it would have been nice if the staff tried to agree a price for you before you got in so you didn't get ripped off. Also the location wasn't great as it was directly in the center of the city, therefore during rush hour it would literally take 2-3 hours to get back to hotel as you were sat in traffic - there were protests when I was out there though, so this may have been exacerbated by this. It was too hot to walk, so we just had to wait!! I think a hotel near the river would be nicer if you want to see the temples. The rembrandt was a nice hotel though, and near the skyline train which was handy!
steve71 steve71
Rembrandt Mar 07, 2011
This hotel is very nice,the staff are helpful,and the views from the rooms are good as there are over 20 floors.

Unless like myself you stay there thorough a package,it probably will be quite expensive
invizee invizee
Comfortable stay Dec 27, 2010
Not one of the more well-known hotels (had to tell the tuk-tuk drivers it was at Soi 18) but its close to Asok sky-train station. The hotel also offers complimentary tuk-tuk rides down to the end of the soi and you can walk to the station.

Checked myself into a deluxe room located on the higher floors. The amenities were what you would expect a 4 star hotel to provide - safe box, restocked complimentary water, a central digital control for room temperature and lighting, flat screen tv etc.

Enjoyed my overall stay there - breakfast buffet was satisfactory, service was prompt and generally staff were helpful. There's internet service at the business center but it's only free for the first 5 minutes. I had to pay 55 baht to extend it for another 30 mins.

One can hang out at the lobby bar, pool bar or the Cafe (open 24 hours). Several cheap (and good!) massage and food places are located conveniently down the road.
The lounge
gardkarlsen gardkarl…
Jan 02, 2008
I stayed at the hotel in September 2002

The hotel has a pretty good location on Sukhumwit Soi 18. This Soi is pretty quiet compared to all the cars that are driving on Sukhumwit. We only used like 5-10 minutes to walk over to the Asok Skytrain station and from there it is easy to get around.

I'm from Norway and when I travel I speak Norwegian to my wife and hardly no one can understand what we are saying :-) Well, this is not the case at the Rembrandt because a lot of Scandinavians seem to use this hotel. I think even SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) use this as a crew hotel. You can even see this at the tailor store outside where they have posters in Danish and Swedish and even posters of the royal families from these countries. I didn't see any pictures of the Norwegian royal family :-)

One thing that we found fascinating at the hotel was the elevators. First of all they came very fast when you pressed the button and they moved very fast to the floor that you wanted to go to. And on the loudspeakers they had sounds of birds! So we would often look at each other and go "what is that noise?" And it turned out to just be the on-board entertainment.

We enjoyed breakfast at the hotel on most mornings. It was included in the price and I could get more or less everything that I wanted (bread, fruit, cereal, egg, warm dishes and so on). And the hotel has a few restaurants. We tried the Thai restaurant and the Indian restaurant. Both were OK I guess but I prefer to eat outside of the hotel.

The rooms (we stayed there twice) were good and we had a lot of different TV channels. We played around for a while to find out how the safety deposit box worked but in the end we found out that we just had to slam it shut :-) We tried to call the front desk a couple of times to get some information about how to operate it but we didn't get much details. Apart from this I don't feel that there is a whole lot to say about a hotel room. The room included a bed, a little table with two chairs, a desk and the possibility to make instant coffee/tea (I never use this so I never really take a closer look at it).

In some of the hallways there were phones (maybe meant for the maids?) and they kept ringing and it was a bit annoying at times.

Rembrandt Hotel Amenities

• Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower