Relaxin in the Woods

Luray, Virginia

Relaxin in the Woods Luray Reviews

jessiemsy jessiemsy
Jun 06, 2006
I left DC for the weekend to get away from the noise, the pollution, the people everywhere! I love the city but it can get overwhelming at times. So, finished with my first year in grad schol (woo hoo!) I left on Friday to Luray, Virginia.

Driving there, you see nothing but farms. Cows, horses, I even saw some llamas (go figure). The mountains are huge over these large expanses of green grass. It's really beautiful.

My boyfriend had organized this trip. It was his birthday and he had made reservations for a cabin in the woods, in the mountains. I wouldn't consider myself particularly into hiking, but I do love nature and all, so I was pretty happy. This cabin was awesome! We're not talking roughin it campout style. It was a two bedroom wood cabin, with brand new full kitchen, fireplace, jacuzzi, deck with grill. Basically, you never have to leave, which we barely did.

It was so relaxing. We just grilled and sat around, read, watched movies, did yoga outside. Not to mention I was able to bring my dog who had so much fun running around in the grass. (Not something she gets to do too much of in the concrete jungle, lol) We did a little hiking, if you could all it that. We really just walked around on the gravel paths and checked out the trees and deers. My dog went swimming in a lake and stream and go filthy, but was so happy.

We were a little nervous about going into the town, seeing as how it's in the heart of confederate fervor and/or Bush/Cheney country. But people there were super friendly and nice. We ate at a few places. One, the Woodruff Inn, was in this oooool Victorian house. It was gourgeous. The other was a little cafe down the street called Memories or something like that. That place has the best coffee and blueberry muffins I've ever had!

Sure, Luray is definatly not a place I would choose to live, it's great to get away in peace for a while.
A lake by the cabin
Cozytailmom says:
A Moment to Remember? It's a great little cafe on main street.
Glad you enjoyed your visit to Luray!
Posted on: Jun 20, 2007