Reighards Gas Station

3205 Sixth Street, Altoona, PA, USA

Reighards Gas Station Altoona Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Oldest working Gas Station in the United States Jun 22, 2009
I went to Reighards today to get gas on my way to the Post office. I pulled up to the pump and I was about to get out and pump my gas when 3 guys came over to my car... who knew... not only is this the oldest working gas station I think this is the only gas station left in the US where the employees pump your gas and wash your windows for you (with the exception of being in New Jersey where if you start to get out of your car they start to yell at you as if you're a terrorist about to blow up the pump.)

But they were very personable. I pulled up with wet hair and the one gentleman washing my windows asked me if I just came back from the pool (it was 1PM) and laughed when I said no shower. He commented on how nice of a day it was for a swim and then I asked him if there was a pool around? He asked me if I was new to the area and I said yes (I moved here in the fall of 2008) and he told me where the best pool is (right off of 12th Ave if I kept going straight on 6th Street). He said it was newly renovated and has the highest slide in the area!

While the other guy was pumping gas they asked me to fill out a contest form for something... not too sure exactly what I filled it out for but I did. I know it has something to do with the 100th anniversary of being open. You can also buy commemorative mugs and on the 27th of June, 2009 there is some sort of activity going on from 10AM to 3PM for the birthday celebration!

If you get a chance to stop by this gas station you won't be dissapointed with your service as this was the best service I have ever had in a Gas Station!

Check Altoona Hotel Deals