Reid Park Zoo

(520) 791-4022

Reid Park Zoo Tucson Reviews

WalterC WalterC
Nice small zoo Sep 09, 2016
Located in the park with the same name, the Reid Park Zoo is a small zoo in Tucson. It is not hard to find, if coming from I-10, as it is on 22nd Street, which has a direct exit to it. One of the easier zoos to get to.

Despite being a small zoo, it does have a very good collection. And the animals are mainly divided by regions, as there are zones for Asia, Africa and South America, plus an Adaptation Zone. And it can be seen in a short time, at the most, around 2 hours.

The main highlight is the Expedition Tanzania, which has a herd of African elephants, in a yard that was recently added. Also, I did like going through the South America exhibit, which was a lot more shaded.

Also, majority of the zoo is shaded, so that does make visiting this zoo a lot more tolerable. Especially during the Arizona summer. And the layout of the zoo, does make it easy to follow, with not much backtracking. The enclosures could be better, but I think this zoo does a very good job with what it has to work with.

While this zoo has nothing special that makes it stand out, it does not have to be, as this is a zoo that is more for the locals. For the visitors to Tucson, definitely worth checking out if time permits. And if need something to do, or if you have kids. But I won’t quite say that it is a must-see attraction.

For a small zoo, I would give this zoo, 3 ½ stars out of 5.
entrance
enclosure for southern white rhino…
African crowned cranes
ostrich
Cho says:
As you say, for a small zoo they do have a lot of animals. Thanks for sharing.
Posted on: Dec 03, 2016
Africancrab Africanc…
Great park to see animals in the high desert Mar 06, 2010
The Reid Park Zoo is a great family friendly zoo. My little girl and I decided to take a hour and visit the zoo seeing us it was a Sunday. Honestly, my guilt was in knowing that I have lived a little over 6 years in Arizona and this park is literally a short drive from my house. We saw the whole zoo in less than an hour. Like the Saguaro and Sabino Canyon, you can purchase an annual pass and visit the park as often as you like. I prefer hiking, so we purchased a one time pass.

The park has an amazing collection of animals for as small as it is. My daughter was well entertained and the zoo guides are good with children, well informed too. We saw ostriches, flamingos, giraffe and a few ant eaters. A definite plus if you have children.
Reid Park Zoo