Regents Park

London, England

Regents Park London Reviews

mezi mezi
Regent's Park Jul 16, 2012
Regent's Park offers so much more than Hyde Park in my opinion.

Hyde Park is typically for sunbathing, kicking around a football, throwing a frisbee, picnicking, etc. It has much more of a buzz and is great with a group of friends.

Regent's Park on the other hand is more reserved, and has many "gardens" incorporated into the park. These gardens have been landscaped and maintained so well.

Regent's Park has more to offer the eye, and has some nice hide aways. In my opinion, more ideal for young families and couples to enjoy.

There is a lot for kids to do here: the boating lake, playgrounds, tennis centre, and London zoo. There are also some cafes, but a picnic seems more fun!

It is easily accessible by public transport.

Also worth visiting Primrose Hill, near to Regent's Park, where there is a nice view of London from the top. Maybe worth catching the sunset here before heading home :)

Note: During the summer, usually June, Regent's Park hosts an event called "Taste of London". A range of restaurants in London set up at this event to offer food and drinks. Tickets have to be purchased for this event. For more information worth checking out this site: http://www.tastefestivals.com/london

They do also host other events so when you are visiting in London check out "What's On" at the park http://www.royalparks.org.uk/whats-on
Creativity at it's best
Boating Lake
sarahsan sarahsan
A nice stroll in the park Jun 21, 2011
I had just arrived London and checked into my accommodation. Then I met my friend Christine who had come from Australia. We decide on a relaxed afternoon and went for a walk in Regnet´s Park. It was my first time there.

Regent´s Park is one of the largest parks in London and was laid out at the beginning of the 19th century. We started from Regnet´s Park tube station, which is located one block from the entrance to the park. This is such a peaceful place with trails and paths through beautiful manicured flowerbeds, open green areas and lakes. London Zoo is located there as well as a boating lake, a sport centre and several cafés and restaurants. Part of the film “The King´s Speech” with Colin Firth was filmed in the park. When we were there, there was the London Green Fair with food stalls offering food from all corners of the world, a “fashion show” with cloths made form recycled materials and an open air concert. Despite the rain, it was quite a few people there.

Inside Regent´s Park is Queen Mary´s Garden, a beautiful rose garden with a little lake, The garden also has an open air theatre.

I can highly recommend a stroll through Regnet´s Park. It´s a nice break form the busy and touristy London. It´s also a nice place for running and jogging.

Entrance to the park is free and it is open all year round from 5 am. Closing times vary depending on the season (from 4:30 in winter to 9:30 pm in summer)
Regnet´s Park
gimpel says:
I think my son want the rain to. In his belief insects don't fly in the rain or in the evening. But as you say lot of flowers will have insects.
Posted on: Jun 22, 2011
sarahsan says:
Hi Richard! When we were there it was raining so I did not see any insects, but I would guess there wold be a few since it is a garden with lots of flowers.
Posted on: Jun 21, 2011
gimpel says:
thanks, i have to visit London with my son ( i promised him) so this is a nice area for him to find a moment of rest. Maybe a strange question, but are there a lot of insects flying. ( he is affraid of it.)
Posted on: Jun 21, 2011
frick7 frick7
A good respite from the city Jul 21, 2011
My favourite section was the Queen's Mary Garden. The flowers were very pretty. Other than that, the park is just a vast area of greenery. Definitely much cleaner than Hyde Park too.

Also do remember to make a trip to Primrose Hill. You'll get to see the skyline a bit!
limoni limoni
One of London's Royal Parks Jun 22, 2011
It's not as famous as Hyde park, I'm talking about Regent's park. I think I would still suggest seeing Hyde park first. But if it's by some chance a sunny day in London and you would like to visit Camden but not in a hurry, you can just walk from Regent's park to Camden along canals. After passing through the park, follow the canal near St Marks Church to the north. Watch out the cyclists..
sarahelaine sarahela…
Regent's Park Apr 27, 2010
Regent’s Park is a large park in London, close to oxford street and Euston Station. This time of year in particular, it is very beautiful.

Parts of the park are laid out as gardens, where others are more open parkland. There are also children’s play areas, sports facilities, and a boating lake, and of course, London Zoo. There is also an open air theatre.

The park is almost surrounded by beautiful houses and terraces, and apart from a couple of access roads, there is no traffic and children can run around. The park is generally less humid and smoggy than the rest of the city and a great place to go and relax when you are getting cross with the crowds and the traffic. The trees and flowers are gorgeous, and there is plenty of space so you won’t be sitting too close to anyone else.

Entrance to the park is free, although there are (very high!) admission charges for the zoo. Accessibility is good for people with mobility problems, especially in the formal gardens.

Related Travel Blogs About Regents Park

Sorry, Sorry. I am alive and well. Read On
HI everyone, I know I know, I suck. I really have been busy and haven't felt like typing on my travel blog after working all day on a computer. I will try to do better and write once a week o…London enjoying Regent's Park (we live near it). More elaborate Stories - So after wanting to head for the airport…
London Part 2
And the boring journey continues...It was a cloudy morning to start with, fortunately without the rain this time round. After taking a yucky breakfast (again, yes coz boo insisted on filling up the …London. Hyde Park, Regent Park etc etc.. and he mentioned that Queen Mary's Rose Garden is a MUST…

Check London Hotel Deals