Refillnow! Hostel

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals

Refillnow! Hostel Bangkok Reviews

BreeB BreeB
In a league of its own for Hostels May 27, 2013
Ok, this was like heaven in terms of Hostel living.

I stayed here for a week during the Travelbuddy March 2013 Bangkok meetup.

I chose to stay in the female dorm room.

The layout of the room was 3 bunk beds on each side of the massive room, with bathroom facilities in between. It divided up the room so you felt like you had more privacy - and you really never saw the other people on the other side. The bunks are spread out quite nicely, it is not cramped at all.

The dorm beds are like pods, a curtain on one side for added privacy.

The beds are very comfy, the pillows soft, and the sheets are gleaming white and soft.

You can choose to have your fluffy white towel changed out daily for a new one, and you have a large locker in which to use.

The rooms were cleaned daily very well.

The air conditioning was turned off during the day, however the workers happily turned them on when I advised them that I was staying inside during one of the days (due to being hungover haha).

There is a café/bar/restaurant downstairs which is stunning. The décor is gorgeous and definitely not like a standard hostel. The food and drink prices are more expensive than street food but for obvious reasons. Its a lovely café with ambience, the food is delicious and its definitely convenient when you don't want to venture far away from your hostel. I ate there plenty of times and was never disappointed. I even worked up a little tab which I could pay at the end of my stay :)

The only downside for some people might be the location. Its not in the centre of shops or touristy areas. It is in a quite area (which personally I loved). You can catch a taxi to the nearest BTS (train line) for a decent price, or do what I did and walk. A brisk walk is about 30 minutes and it gave me a chance to walk off all the thai food I had been eating.

I truly loved this hostel, and would recommend it everyone. Just make sure you are fully aware of its location. If you want to be amongst the party and want a loud hostel, this is not the one for you.

Give it a go and see how much you will enjoy it. Oh, it also has a pool (small - but a pool at a Bangkok hostel is pretty cool)
Sofei says:
Great review, Bree! This is very much how I found it too. Love how you make it so personal and funny too :)
Posted on: May 27, 2013
Haydenerg says:
Stay inside the room during the day ( due to hang over haha ) I hate the feeling and even I dont want to go out to eat, only want to stay in bed and have another drink :-)
Posted on: May 27, 2013