Refill Now

Refill Now Rates and Deals

Refill Now Bangkok Reviews

skinny_phil skinny_p…
Beautiful, clean & reasonably priced hostel with pool in Bangkok. Sep 29, 2009
First of all, do not be put off by my cost rating for this hostel. Expensive hostels in Thailand are still very cheap - I am thinking comparatively. The quality of the place though largely makes the extra cost irrelevant!

I will firstly mention the only failing of this place - the location. It really is out of the way - at the complete opposite side of Bangkok to the normal backpackers destination of Khao San Rd. The surrounding neighbourhood is fairly run down, but I liked being able to see the inner workings of Bangkok away from the tourist hot spots. With transport being so cheap too, the only real hassle in getting to the big attractions is the length of time it takes. We took the river boat to Khao San, which is an experience in itself!

The place is fairly new (or exceptionally maintained) and so clean you could eat your food off the floor. The pool (!!!!!) provides a welcome rest form the heat, but there is also a small patio area to sit outside in the sun.

The food served is of a high quality and reasonably priced.

There are private rooms available, however the dorms are divided on each side into three or four rooms (divided by a thin white material), each containing only one bunk. The beds are clean and very comfortable. The toilet and showering facilities wouldn't look out of place in an up-market hotel and have male and female sections. Each bed comes with a sturdy locker and also a draw to stick shoes & towels etc. in.

The staff are incredibly friendly and happy to help with/recommend any travel ideas. Access to the internet is available for a small price in the reception, as are numerous books, games and other nice touches. There are even massages available on the top floor.

I have seen this place described as an 'inner-city' paradise and I'm inclined to agree. The atmosphere is really chilled out and nice, the people are all friendly and they have lovely beds, food & amenities.

If you can turn your journeys from here around Bangkok into interesting sigh seeing trips too, then this place is perfection.

Highly recommended!
Dining area
sylviandavid says:
sounds like a great are beautiful
Posted on: Oct 02, 2009
CinnamonCookie Cinnamon…
Very chill-out and affordable hotel Jul 14, 2009
I loved this hotel, the design is stunning!! I slept just for one night in a dorm, which was so beautiful! They've got a pool and a massage centre and the beds were good. It was also very clean, and I like that very much. The staff was nice and helpful.

Just one thing, I don't know if thats the same for all Bangkok hotels, but they put the airconditioning on 15 degrees or something and I was very cold during the whole night. I came from Cambodia where I was also used to having airconditioning on during the night. But this was much colder. There were no blankets in the dorm and they were not provided and I didn't bring any, so I improvised with the two sweaters that I brought.
Small, but pretty
sylviandavid says:
Other than the night time blizzard this place sounds great...
Posted on: Oct 02, 2009
nanie05 says:
Thanks for the info..
I've never stayed in a backpackers inn/dorm but since you say there are private twins, it sounds great!
I Love thai food..don't you?
Posted on: Jun 13, 2009
CinnamonCookie says:
They are not really cheap:

Posted on: Jun 12, 2009