ReelWorld Film Festival

www.reelworld.ca - (416) 598-7933

ReelWorld Film Festival Toronto Reviews

GMendozaFilms GMendoza…
My ReelWorld Patio Party Aug 01, 2012
In 2002, I lensed two movies, "SuperBob" which won the Viewers Award and "In The Beginning" won best short. I never made it to ReelWorld that year. Years later, I was working on a t.v. pilot called "St Jamestown" and who do I run into but the founder of ReelWorld. I mentioned to the two films that I photographed as Director of Photography. We talked and then I started getting invitations and notices about ReelWorld. The ReelWorld Film Festival was founded by a Jamaican Canadian actress named Tonya Lee William. You may have seen her in Daytime Soap and numerous television series. She is a beautiful and vibrant lady. Tonya started ReelWorld so that ethnic filmmakers would have a sales festival platform. They have this Patio party around TIFF. TIFF or the "Toronto International Film Festival", is one of the largest sales film market in the world second only to Cannes. So if you're a foodie and a cinephile September in Toronto is a great travel destination. There are filmmakers, movie stars, film buyers and film distributors from all over the world. Most of all let’s not forget the movies from all over the world. Since many filmmakers are around during TIFF it makes sense for Tonya to have this great ReelWorld Patio Party to gather like minded artist in a red carpet style environment. It's just a room of beautiful people with some delicious snack and drinks. This is the party aspect of filmmaking and being involved in the arts.
Our entourage