Redwoods and Lava beds

Redwoods, California

Redwoods and Lava beds Reviews

shelly928 shelly928
Dec 26, 2007
Traveling through the lush Redwoods was a trip into another "dimension." I sat and watched all around me and saw a land that appears pre-historic. (note: they shot a part of Jurassic Park there lol ) Myself and two other enutusiastic travelers journeyed into territory we have been too before. I have traveled up and down California and not once seen such natural beauty. The trees were HUGE and magnificent. The hike to the waterfall was much needed and rewarding after the 3 mile trail. Even the kiche/ el touristo areas were neat and different. Go to the Mystery Woods, it holds amazing growth of different kinds of trees that you may never seen anywhere else.

To wind down we drove on the historical/ coastal route of 101. A black sand beach laid open with gorgeous views and cliffs that pushed onto the shimmering waves.

After a long day visiting the many trails we then drove to our destination for the next day. We drove throgh Oregon ( a beautiful state ) and traveled south towards the Lava Beds/ Tubes. Here land transformations have taken place from volcanic action. Also, if you are a history nerd and love battle fields there you can experience the vast area where the Indians and the military once fought. I found both of these places on This website has alot of information, i.e. Park Times, Campgrounds, Things to do; etc. Take my word for it, it was a eye opening experience.
Felt like a huge discovery was mad…
Redwoods Map