Redcrest Resort

26459 Ave of the Giants, Redwood National Park, USA

Redcrest Resort Redwood National Park Reviews

joanie0 joanie0
Tourist Trap Apr 07, 2013
I rented Vacation Home 14 or "The Guesthouse" I rented it sight unseen, I just had a description over the phone. The woman with whom I booked the reservation over the phone told me that it was all they had and that the smaller cabins were booked. When I arrived,it seemed that several of the cabins were empty. Also, she scolded me for parking in the wrong area to register. Apparently, there was a designated spot to stop in the middle of the driveway and guests are expected to walk up to the office. I arrived just after the office had closed, but I had called earlier that day and she said at that time it was no problem to arrive late. But when I arrived, she seemed very annoyed to assist me with checking in and giving us our key. She seemed to have an aggressive attitude toward me for no reason. She made me feel very unwelcome. I have never experienced something like it before from a host. The guest house where we were to stay turned out to be a mobile home like one you would find in an American trailer park. The water did not drain well in the bathtub or any of the sinks so when I took a shower I was standing in water. Also, there was a layer of dust on everything in the place. I had to clean just to feel comfortable there. There was a large deck with a gas grill and an outdoor dining table which seemed nice, but I did not use as the weather was cold and rainy. There was supposed to be a hot tub some place on the property but no one told me where I could find it so I never found it. There was a fire pit for roasting marshmallows and some playground equipment for kids. I think if our hosts were more polite and the maintenance and housekeeping and weather were all better, I would have enjoyed my stay. We payed nearly $200 for one night to stay there which was very overpriced for what we received. I recommend to avoid this one when staying in the Redwood Forest at least until there is a change in management.
Redcrest Resort Map