Red Palm

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals

Red Palm Kuala Lumpur Reviews

Mezmerized Mezmeriz…
Relaxed, friendly little place Apr 13, 2010
Felt instantly at home and happy when I entered this place. Firstly a warning: This place is real difficult to find as it does not have a signpost so you need to look out for the distinctive red shutters on a cute little while colonial building. Great location though in Bukit Bintang, within walking distance of markets, malls, and sights of KL.

You enter the place through a large gate into a small courtyard with places to sit and chill outside. The lounge area inside has a great relaxed vibe with comfy seats, TV and internet. I was greeted warmly by Max on the desk, and he couldn't do enough for me, always there to help . All the staff remembered my name and in the mornings i would get many 'good morning Karen's' from whoever was around for breakfast (included). Free tea/coffee is also available throughout the day.

I stayed in a single private room having just arrived from UK and not wanting to keep everyone awake with my jetlag. It cost around £10 per night, bathroom was shared. My room was on the second floor, inside the roof! It was comfy and clean. Only real gripe is that noise travelled pretty well throughout the hostel, you could hear every creak of the stairs. For the warm hospitality and vibe alone, i would definitely go back.
Character :)
cja17 says:
That's my accomm for KL sorted...
Posted on: May 02, 2010
mitmutmitun mitmutmi…
A Value Hostel in Bukit Bintang Area, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Sep 05, 2010
On 2nd August 2010 we went to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from Singapore by bus. For first step we took Causeway Link Bus CW2 direction to Johor Bahru Bus Station from Queen Street Bus Station and pay 2,5$ Sing per person. From Johor Bahru Bus Station we took Citi Liner Bus for 31 RM/person direction Bukit Jalil Bus Station. After 5 hours journey finally we arrived at Bukit Jalil Bus Station, the new bus station which replace the old bus station; Puduraya Bus Station for a while due the renovation.

We used the cheapest transportation; the shuttle bus provided by the bus station management to Bukit Bintang district with pay 2 RM per person one-way. Then we asked the bus driver to drop us off at the bus stop in front Swiss Garden Hotel, Jl. Pudu. From there just walk towards its about 100 m to Jalan Tengkat Tong Shin. The Red Palm Hostel is on the right side after Kedai Nasi Tg. Kandar; they dont have signboard just marked with white walls and red doors in the second floor.

When we arrived the hostel staff; Mike, greeted us with friendly, simply and nice, really made us feel at home. We stayed at this hostel just for one night because when we booked online form hostelworld.com they were fullybooked. All rooms on the second floors, we booked for twin room - shared bathroom for 70RM/day. Our room is really nice equipped with a large window typical of old building. Interior of our room are equipped with dim lighting, warm pastel colors and wooden floor, really made us feel comfortable. Overall, this hostel has ability to change an old building into commercial building without altering their original architectural in a simply way. :)

Oya, they also provide free towel, free light breakfast (toast with jam or cereals with milk and coffe or tea), free wifi and internet access in the common area. Air conditioning arent 24 hours, they just turn it on from 6pm until 9am every day. They also provide two bathroom, one in the 1st floor and another one in the 2nd floor.

The hostel location is great, just 5 minute walking distance to Bukit Bintang shopping centre, 15 minute walk to China Town area, 20 minute walk to Petronas Twin Tower and 5 minute walking distance to Monorail station or you can take public bus from Jl. Pudu or Jl. Bukit Bintang for 1-2 RM per person one-way. There's so many 24 hours restaurant, travel agent, 24 hours mini market (7-eleven & carrefour) arround this hostel.
dfoo dfoo
Oasis in downtown KL Nov 18, 2008
Stayed here as a stopover on my whirlwind tour of Cambodia. Besides being in a fantastic location near Bukit Bintang and its food markets; what made me select this over other places in KL was the reviews and they fact it was voted best Asian hostel in 2006 or something. So I was expecting a pretty good hostel. I don't think I was disappointed.

The staff working there are really friendly and helpful. The hostel itself is very chilled out. There are cushions in the downstairs lounge area with a small bookshelf, so you can plan your next travels or just relaxing in front of the TV.

They lock the gates late at night and early in the mornings. So if your a late night party animal, then you might not be able to get in. There were always people sleeping in the lounge area so its possible to wake someone up to let you in. Or you can just stay out all night. ;)

We had a private double bed and it opened onto a balcony. Its actually the balcony with the red door.

The only negative I could possibly find was that there was no roof over the rooms. Just a sheet. So you can hear the people next door if they make too much noise. Not that I found it to be much of a problem.

Related Travel Blogs About Red Palm

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…red light district, As I drove through several Thai women (well at least I think they were women, I mean you can’t really tell can you?!) kept shouting…
last day in the k and l
my last day was spent rather untouristy... switched hostels in the morning into the red palm across the street... which is great and so secret, they dont even have a sign at their door so for a…red palm across the street... which is great and so secret, they dont even have a sign at their door so for accommodation in kuala lumpur

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals