Red Monkey Beach Lodge

Hotel class: 4 stars
Main road 132, Jambiani, Tanzania
Red Monkey Beach Lodge - Our cosy and familiar bungalow, Red Monkey Beach Lodge.

Check Jambiani Hotel Deals

Red Monkey Beach Lodge Jambiani Reviews

Orkide48 Orkide48
Affordable lodge, beautifully situated on the East Coast of the Indian Ocean Dec 22, 2008
I booked this lodge over the internet for me and my daughter for a period of 13 days, firstly because it was situated right on the Jambiani beach, on the East Coast of the Indian Ocean and secondly because it is famous of the Red Colobus Monkey. We heard them jump from roof to roof early in the mornings.We got a bungalow with a beautiful view to the Indian Ocean and very close to the local Zanzibaris, which made our holiday very special, charming and exotic:):):):) There are only 9 bungalows and a restaurant, which make the lodge cosy and familiar.There is another restaurant Coral Rock a few hundreds meter along the beach. The staff in Red Monkey Beach was very nice and friendly, and we got a good contact with all of them.

Breakfast was included in our accommodation. You could order zipati ( a kind of corn pancake)and eggs, omelettes. There was not a huge selection of bread, but the bread was homemade. We had a very tasty juice (avocado/pineapple)

For dinner they had barbecue/ a la carte, depending of how many guests were eating. The food was very tasty and consisted mainly of fish/goat/chicken meat, potatoes, rice etc.

The power supply was not so good, so we found ourselves in lack of power a few times, which I could not care less about. We were in Africa and not Europe. I guess that my trip in the Amazonas a few times made me enough tolerant:):):) I can highly recommend the Red Monkey. Of course it depends of what standard you want, and if you can tolerate that the power is off for short periods.
Our cosy and familiar bungalow, Re…
Shivi_Gupta says:
Red Monkey Beach Lodge !!!!!!!
hahahahaha what a super name !!! I like it already :D
The description sounds super.... Cozy nice place, friendly, staff, great view and food and lots of monkeys !
Posted on: Feb 10, 2009
oldschoolbill says:
Great Name for a Lodge!
Posted on: Feb 07, 2009

Red Monkey Beach Lodge Overview

The Red Monkey Beach Lodge offers guests a comfortable base in central Jambiani.

The Red Monkey Beach Lodge provides free parking. This hotel proudly comes with a pets-accepted policy. If access is a concern, prospective patrons will be happy to know the hotel provides wheelchair access for an inclusive experience. Internet access is available for travellers wanting to remain connected during their stay.

Red Monkey Beach Lodge Amenities