Red Lyon Tavern

785-832-8228

Red Lyon Tavern Lawrence Reviews

supermango superman…
Friendly Bar Jan 15, 2010
From the bouncer to the bartender, this is one place where you can go and be treated nicely from the start. It does get pretty packed on the weekends and often there is a line at the door. I prefer this bar over other bars in Lawrence because of the average age. It's about 24+ and you will see a good mix of adults and college students. They have free darts and free popcorn! There is also a pool table and lets not forget the board games they have available for customers!

It is well lit and has a GREAT selection of music on the Jukebox. Unlike other bars where music is only updated ONCE A DECADE, this selection is updated every few weeks. The men's bathroom has always been clean.

It is undoubtedly my favorite bar or "Tavern" in Lawrence. I like it for many reasons, but my favorite one is that I feel very comfortable being there. I've always had a wonderful time with my friends at this bar. Most of the customers are very friendly.

I see a good mix of people here, not just 'Americans'. You will often see Europeans, Latinos and others. They are also probably one of the few bars that show soccer on their televisions. How cool is that?

Whether you're looking to have a drink after a long day of work or if you're wanting a night out with friends, the Red Lyon Tavern should be the first on your list!
supermango says:
they don't serve food (unfortunately)
Posted on: Jan 16, 2010
Dalmia says:
Good review! How's the drink selection & the food menu? Anything worth special mention?
Posted on: Jan 15, 2010