Red Hot World Buffet & Bar

Red Hot World Buffet & Bar Nottingham Reviews

MrsJ MrsJ
Appalling from start to finish... Stay clear. May 26, 2015
***AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!***

The first time we came here we didn't eat here. I rang and booked a table as I thought it would be a nice place for a family to eat for my husband's birthday. We usually go to Peachy Keens around the corner which does a delicious world buffet for the same price as here, but I thought we'd have a change of location. That was a bad idea. We entered and joined an enormous queue and were told that our reservation had gone because people had come in without reservations and they just sit them at vacant tables, regardless of whether there's reservation or not. So after 20 minutes of queuing we thought it was ridiculous and left and went up to Peachy Keens where we were seated straight away.

We were still eager to try the food though, so we tried our luck a few months later and came back. This time we were able to go straight in and I was amazed at how DARK it was! I mean, you struggled to see what you were eating clearly at your table. Everything was well lit at the food areas and there was a good selection of food. But with the good selection came a LOT of overcooked/dried out meat and fish where it is cooked up and left in hot serving trays for too long as the food was replenished when it ran out, rather than when the food looked way overdone.

We were also badgered every 10 minutes for any more drinks, despite me repeatedly pointing at our still full glasses. In all, it was such a disappointment and I was gutted for I had really hoped to sample some different foods.

If you want a world buffet, go to Peachy Keens just a 5 minute walk up the road from this place. It's exactly the same price but with much better food and service and a MUCH nicer atmosphere.

Check Nottingham Hotel Deals