Red Centre of Australia

Uluru - Kata Tjuta, Australia
Red Centre of Australia  - Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)
Red Centre of Australia  - Kings Canyon
Red Centre of Australia  - Central Aus has the Largest Wild population of Camels in the World
Red Centre of Australia  - Desert Scenery
Red Centre of Australia  - The Climb

Red Centre of Australia Uluru - Kata Tjuta Reviews

1kcor 1kcor
Aug 26, 2007
Well this is my first review, so I decided that I should write a bit about where I live, since it is one the most amazing places on the planet. The Red Centre of Australia is surprisingly diverse in flora and fauna and the contrast in the landscape amazing. I had never seen the night sky or stars so clearly until I moved out here.

Most people around the world would associate Australia with Uluru (Ayers Rock). Unlike most of the other wonders of the world, it still very much as it was, untouched by mankind. Having visited some of the other iconic sites around the world such as the Pyramids and Stonehenge, I feel in comparison they lack presence. After a while of being in their presence I started to feel disappointed about the lack of ambience of the places due to the encroachment of mankind.

Uluru certainly lives up to expectations with its awe factor. Being on the top “of the rock” on a quite Sunday morning with no noise just looking up at the sky is a cereal experience. You almost feel completely separated from the rest of the world, off on your own. The feel to the place is some what maintained by its remoteness. Uluru is around 470 kilometres from the nearest large town, Alice Springs. There is the resort town of Yulara, (also know as Ayers Rock Resort- my home) which is only 22 kilometres away, but it quite small with only about 1000 residents. Even thou the town is quite small and remote, it has a vibrant atmosphere, and a comparatively good night life. The town is still very accessible from the rest of Australia, due to the Airport (Ayers Rock Airport) close by, with direct daily flights to most of the state capital cities in the country.

But the Red Centre is not just Uluru, there are several other spectacular sights to see as well. Close to Uluru there is Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), a picturesque rock formation. I think a lot of people are surprised by the Olgas and think their experience there is even better than Ayers Rock. Further out in the area you have various salt lakes that are pretty interesting, Mt Conner on the road to Alice Springs, and Kings Canyon. Kings Canyon is another picturesque national park full of wildlife. I would recommend it as another must see, if you do a tour around the red centre. Finally around Alice Springs there is plenty to see as well. Alice has a mountain range running east to west, which has several gorges, and gaps with plenty of places to explore.

A holiday to the Red Centre of Australia is all about experiencing the wildlife, the landscape, and the traditional culture. If you are into hiking and getting out and doing things, you will have a great time out here. It’s not a place to rush around and see quickly, take your time, talk to a few local people and experience the wonder.

If you would like to know more about traveling in the Red Centre check out some of the web sites below.
Desert Scenery
Central Aus has the Largest Wild p…
The Climb
Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)
Biedjee says:
When I was here there were a lot of signs that asked tourists not to climb the rock, because it is an insult to the indigenous people who see the rock as sacred. I really wonder if this is still the case, because I see so many people promoting the climb on this site.
Posted on: Mar 23, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Red Centre of Australia

The Red Centre of Australia
When Moise was growing up in Peru, I am sure he never imaged that one day he would be pouring my drink of icy cold mineral water at the Ayers Rock Resort in the centre of outback Australia.... b… When Moise was growing up in Peru, I am sure he never imaged that one day he would be pouring…
Day 43, The Red (Hot) Centre
Last NIght was brillaint. Laura was still in work so we started having drinks with Chris at the backpackers before getting a taxi into the city. We went straight to the bar where we had seen there wa… Last NIght was brillaint. Laura was still in work so we started having drinks with Chris at the backpackers before…

Check Uluru - Kata Tjuta Hotel Deals