Red Castle

6, Taipei, Taiwan

Red Castle Taipei Reviews

janieliu janieliu
Great cafe/restaurant with view Apr 25, 2011
This place was pretty hard to find if you don't have a guide. My dad took me here on a weekday so there weren't that many tourists there during the lunch hour, but still plenty of locals who were there to drink afternoon tea. There is an outside area with a great view of Danshui, and an inside seating area. The second floor is dedicated to serving Chinese style foods, while the third floor is a cafe. My dad and I sat in the outside area on the third floor cafe. I got the curry chicken risotto, while my dad got the Chinese style pork dish. The food was pretty good, but I thought it could have tasted better. I think most of Red Castle's customers go there for the view and not the food. I saw plenty of other people who brought their own food and only ordered drinks.
View from 3rd floor patio
What inside seating looks like
Curry chicken risotto
Dessert drink: Tangerine Tea
jegs76 jegs76
Taiwanese dinner Jun 09, 2009
After u reach the restaurant climbing many of steps u will see the wonderful Victorian-style three-story red building.

They serve wonderful taiwanese dishes, the better way to enjoy it is to invite some locals to choose food for you. We did it, Cheng-Hsien chose the food and we didnt even had idea what was that at the beginning, but the food was very good, nice served and the staf was profesional.

We enjoyed this dinner really a lot. This resto is highly recomended for who wants to try traditional taiwanese kitchen ata high level.
Red Castle at night