Rector's Palace

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Rector's Palace Dubrovnik Reviews

EmEm EmEm
Obliti privatorum publica curate Mar 13, 2015
Dubrovnik is a museum town, everything inside the walls is a history. The Rector's Palace( Knežev dvor) was the seat of government and residence of the Prince, the highest political office in the Republic of Dubrovnik.

I had a card that allowed me to enter gratis in this building, but as I remember the ticket was not cheap for other visitors.

In the atrium of the Rector's Palace during the Dubrovnik Summer Festival are held concerts of classical music by the Dubrovnik Symphony Orchestra.

I took photos only in the gallery on the ground floor. There was a painting of the famous physicist, mathematician, astronomer and philosopher Rugjer Boškovic, who was born here, lived and worked in Dubrovnik and Italy in the 18th century.

It is forbidden to take photos inside the rooms on the first floor, where are exposed antique furniture from the last period of the Republic of Dubrovnik in the 19th century. When I asked for it, a museum curator offered to me only to open a window and take photos of the street. At the exit is a little souvenir shop.
WalterC says:
The building looks familiar, but I don't think that I visited this place.
Posted on: Sep 15, 2016
EmEm says:
LOL
Posted on: Jun 16, 2015
rsvpme says:
How droll...open window...Geesh !
Posted on: Jun 16, 2015