Reasons why not to skip Johannesburg in South Africa.

Johannesburg, South Africa

Reasons why not to skip Johannesburg in South Africa. Reviews

harryc1989 harryc19…
Feb 17, 2008
Having spent a month in South Africa and having family over there, I believe I have a decent knowledge of the country.

One thing that annoys me is that the tour guides say 'fly into johannesburg, but get straight out'.

Johannesburg is one of the most diverse cities on the planet. There are 11 languages, and countless ethnicities and cultures.

Johannesburg has an amazing night scene offereing some of the best live music in Africa or if you prefer regular nightclubs, they of course exist!

Johannesburg has around 3million people, but the population may be more like 6 million if you include the township of soweto.

Johannesburg is the engine of the nation, and something is always going on.

Crime is a hazard, but 99% of tourists leave trouble free. Poverty is on the decrease and a new middle class is in emergence.

Don't spend weeks here, just spend an active couple of days exploring the parks, theme parks, restaraunts, townships and local wildlife parks.

Have a good stay in joberg!
jmatyczuk says:
thank you for your advise, i hope to stay at least a night maybe two before we travel to Kruger park... Any other suggestions of maybe what to see and do?
Posted on: Dec 27, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Reasons why not to skip Johannesburg in South Africa.

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…reasonably good, and I was feeling pretty cocky until today. I had a serious brown trouser moment nearly wiping out the plane and killing myself in the process…

Check Johannesburg Hotel Deals